Friday, October 16, 2009

Pumpkin Patch 2009: Part 1

It just isn't fall without a trip (or two) to the pumpkin patch. Oh, how I love pumpkins and mums on my porch. Though it seems as if I kill just about every mum I come in contact with. Grr. Doesn't matter as long as I keep growing my lil garden of girls.... I will be just fine.

You can obviously see her excitement as Daddy is bringing her own to hold. Oh yes. Unfortunately, we did not leave with any today. We got there right before closing yet it was closed. I guess they thought who would Really want to get out in the rain to get pumpkins?
This is Ay's third year at the pumpkin patch. She loves it. Actually, when we come in the spring for flowers she asks where the pun-kins are. Today was much different than I remember last year. Actually last year at this time it was warm enough to still be in short sleeves- and distinctively remember dressing her in a long sleeve shirt because it was more fall-ish. We didn't have to worry about that today. It was cold & drizzley. If she wasn't so cute we probably would have put it off. But, as soon as Jeff walked in the door she ran into his arms exclaiming "Punkins Daddy!"
Ayla 2007
Ayla 2008
(I swear she had the time of her life!)
She seems so big this year.

Actually. She IS so big this year. Please excuse how Im holding Ayla. HA My hub didn't tell me how this looked and I was trying to avoid a pumpkin avalanche! The things you do for a photo op?

7 comments:

Sonya said...

Very Sweet! My kids LOVE to pick out pumpkins too!

Brookeanne said...

Lol, I wouldn't have even noticed. Too cute!!!

Jessie said...

Ha! You guys are too cute. Looks like you had a great time despite the weather. Maybe we'll join you next year when Koen's big enough!;)

Brandi said...

i was laughing because that is so something i would do!! it never fails! then i read what you wrote!! but i showed nathanial and he didn't notice anything, so forgive jeff!! :)

Kelly said...

Adorable pictures, looks like fun had by all!

Tera said...

I don't think I would have noticed either! ;) Looks like you had fun despite the rain. Can't believe Leah is already 6 mo. too!!

Jen said...

Believe me, that looks way worse when you are holding boys!

BTW, where did you get your hat? I'm looking for one just like that in fuschia. Any suggestions?