Friday, December 5, 2008

20 weeks and counting...

We had our 20 week apt today. I was So nervous. I am not sure why, but I have been much more anxious with this pregnancy than with Ayla. Possibly because there is so much more at stake... with worrying about being a mommy to two sweeties, not letting Ayla feel neglected (how could she?), not being able to focus completely to every whim my body tells me like before?

I will stop rambling now...

Little baby Owens #2, whom we affectionately call Leah Hope, was curled and cuddled, tumbling and floating, yawning and sucking her hands. It immediately put me at ease and I have been a happy mommy since (except when Ayla threw a fit at lunch). Leah has long froggy legs like her big sissy and had them crossed much like Ayla always has since birth. She also had her arms crossed with her hands in her face making it Very hard to get her "head shots" taken. But, Im sure she is a beauty queen already!

We were talking the other day at our small group about listening and learning to recognize God's promptings, His voice. One thing we read was if you feel anxious it is not Him you are hearing. I know, my nervousness came from me. I need to remember to check myself at the door and remind myself who is in control.

What a great day it has been! We're going to get our fam pics taken by a friend today soon- So excited, better rest up!

5 comments:

Brandi said...

congrats!! and what a beautiful name... i almost asked at playgroup if you had one picked out but you never know if people want to share the name before hand! i love it!!!

Brittany said...

love the name!
love the picture on your header!

Unknown said...

I can't believe your 20 weeks already!!! It seems like yesterday you found out you were expecting. I hope you guys have a great Christmas!! Love the name you picked out as well!

Chelsa said...

love the name! and i know what you mean about being anxious...

Leah Robinson said...

Ooooohhhh I love the mame ;) It's beautiful! And I love your header picture! Such a cute family!