Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Good Intentions



Ayla went for her shots today. Boo.... that's about all I have to say. I just hate doing it, and my friend Jennifer has raised a couple questions that makes me look at immunizations in a whole different light. As parents, we all do things with "good intentions" like immunizations, hoping to pretect or prevent our children from getting hurt. Right now there have been some red flags in the media which may cause some parents to think twice... like the possibility austism may be linked to immunizations- Woah! As a nurse, I tend to put faith in most medical interventions. However, I still feel a bit uninformed and lost when it comes to this issue. Any thoughts from other moms?





Well....To bring some happiness to this blog... I think I will add some pics of my little angel. I have the pleasure of staying at home with my little one. However, as most of you know, keeping a little toddler busy can be quite difficult. We like the park and seeing the ducks, swinging, and watching the other kids playing and laughing! (and mommy likes taking pics!) Enjoy!


Any Mommies & Babies can come and join us anytime!!

I just love her!

4 comments:

Chelsa said...

hey! thanks for your sweet comments! they always make me smile! God def. has His own perfect timing :) I'm usually not patient enough w/ Him! I've been trying to do better w/ that! I'm so excited! All those prayers are appreciated more than you could ever know! How is the house selling coming along?? You will have to post pictures of the new one too! and i'll keep you updated w/ those belly pics :)

Brittany said...

I too have questioned shots now due to the possible link with autism. Although not as educated as I should be on the topic, I tend to think that the benefits have to outweigh the costs. The other day I saw something on the news that some moms are foregoing the shots, but they are in a sense then putting other children in harms way. Not for sure about this, so I think I will try and educate myself better.
Just let me know what you would like to do for the Bethel Mall. Any and all help is appreciated, and yes this ministry is very close to my heart!

Bethany said...

Same here on the shots topic. It another one of those things were you get all kinds of "answers". Just pray about it and the Lord will lead you to the right decision for your family. Awesomem pictures - there is just something about outdoor pictures!

Tera said...

Well, since you asked for opinions, I'll share. :) Anytime we give our children medications, we are taking a risk they will have a reaction of some sort. But the majority of these vaccines have been on the markets for years, with very few children having problems (if the problems can even be blamed on the vaccines). Autism is statistically more common in boys, yet little girls get the same vaccines. Overall, vaccines have spared our children from the many diseases that used to harm or even kill people. If more and more parents choose not to vaccinate their children, we will soon be seeing epidemics again of polio, measles, etc. I agree, education is the key. If you have any specific questions, feel free to email me: tera_leann@hotmail.com And even though I'm an advocate for vaccines, I'll admit my girls have not received the Hep A shots because I don't feel they are necessary. Every shot should be a personal decision for the parents. Hope that helps! Parenting is a big job! :)