Saturday, August 9, 2008

Making the most...

Since we had to cancel our trip to Cincinnatti due to Ayla being sick we've tried to make the most of our weekend. It's actually been pretty busy! Between Ayla being sicky, appliance shopping, tile laying, and putting corn away for the winter.... Mommy needs a little break. I had made up my mind that we wouldn't go to church because I refuse to allow a sick child romp around with healthy ones...THEN Jeff woke up with the "bug" too! Oh yeah. We still romped around the house though... she's so cute even when sicky!


Flying solo, I decided to forge ahead and try to get the corn done... hehe I had no clue. I had never done this big of a job by myself. At one point in time, my lil ill ones decided they would help me shuck the corn for a bit. That helped alot.
Alot of stuff has also recently happened in the new house. Roof is all done, garage doors in, and the inside was cleaned up and prepped for tile. Today the tile man started his work in the kitchen. Im so excited to see it go down! Now that we're in the last stages of the renovation. The fun/scarey parts come in... Decorating! I love paiting and picking out stuff for the house. But, as we were appliance shopping Saturday I found myself with a huge lump in my throat. It's a chunk o' change for all the stuff we are looking at. I remind myself, its not necessary and the world will not stop turning, if I do not get the couch I want or the best fridge on the market. But, its hard to swallow in our society.

Here is an update on what's going on...


Kitchen and the tile started... isn't it beautiful!!

Really bad picture, but I wanted to show off my new do. :)

PS. Jeff gave Ayla a frog leg to eat Fri night at Dogwood. Seriously. #1 She's sick #2 She doesn't know any better.... and 3. he wouldn't even try it. tisk tisk tisk (sorry no picture- I was sqealing like a girl)

No comments: