Thursday, November 20, 2008

Anyone need a spa day?

Ayla always gets Christmas pictures with my brother's little boy Parker. So, we woke up early, bathed, ate, and painted our nails in prepartion for the big day....

Big day it was :)

Let's go back to painting our nails... hehe Ayla loves to have her nails painted so I did them this morning. I went to go pack her bag and potty. While running around I heard Ayla saying "mommy" I called to her. Then again, "mommy". She came down the hall- covered in bright, red nailpolish. Covered head to toe. (It's 5 min til pic time) As she totters toward me in the hallway she places her hand on the wall and looks like she knows something is bad. Very bad. I yell for her to sit immediately- as I assess the situation. She of course, starts crying because now she is really sure its bad, very bad. ha About a 2-3 ft. section of my new carpet is swirled just in time for the holidays with Christmas red nail polish.

(big deep breath)

I go back to my screaming child, painted red. I scramble to find what I have left of my acetone and start to peel the color off her hands. Trying not to cry myself. Thinking bad mommy and trying to make the most of what the day has left! I know you all are either laughing or holding your breath... I assure you one day I will laugh, but not today.



**P.S. Pictures turned out just fine. We have multiple sessions set up with family so it was kinda a warm up.

8 comments:

Chelsa said...

oh wow! you WILL look back and laugh, but i can so see why you aren't today! glad the pics turned out good though!

Brandi said...

oh my.... you just get this feeling in the pit of your stomach when something like that happens.... sounds like you handled it all pretty well!!! it would be to much to laugh about it yet i believe! :)

Jenelle said...

I was defiantly one that was holding my breath during that story. Although it's not been nail polish we have had episodes like that in our house. Like pen ALL over my living room walls! It's been a few months and I'm still not laughing. It will probably be at her baby shower when I'm finally laughing!

Jamie said...

Oh Courtney! You handled it much better than I would have. I don't know if that is ever something I would laugh about. Glad to hear pics went well though!

Brittany said...

Yikes! Not good! Since your carpet is so new can the carpet people take out that one section and fill it in?? It sounds like it could work, but I may be totally off.

Brookeanne said...

I would have died... died I tell you! But I'm with you, it is so hard to be upset with a child that age, espeically one that is learning the difference between right and wrong... sounds like you were a great mom all around!

Jen said...

Poor carpet! I feel your pain! It won't be the last--and at least she knew it was wrong!

Tara said...

OH MY is all I can say. I find it someone ironic and humorous that the picture at the top of your blog is her in that exact same (much cleaner) outfit. What a stinker.