Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Growing up isn't easy

Ayla has been growing up so quickly! Its amazing to know that I have had a part in shaping the sweet, silly, crazy little girl we love. Things have been hectic lately with moving and adjusting to mommy being pregnant. I haven't noticed her recent developments....

On Sunday she started saying "thank you" & "welcome"..... let me tell you, it is so sweet to hear! Other new words include cracker, cake, mamaw, papaw, mimi, no. Monday, we caught her snooping for her Christmas presents for the first time, also. I put a few gifts we bought on Saturday in the spare bedroom closet. Jeff came home for lunch just as she was pulling a dolly stroller out of the closet. He said her eyes were as big as pancakes! She came out to the kitchen screaming for us to open it. It was hilarious. Last but not least.. she came up to me yesterday, tapped my leg, and said "mama, I wan jews" :translation for those w/out toddlers- She wants juice. AH! It was the first time she really clearly put words together like that! I hopped to it and got her her jews, I mean, juice. hehe

Now we're trying to figure out what 2 kids will be like. Im sad and glad and kinda scared. Sad that Ayla will not be the baby anymore. Glad God trusts us to be parents again. And scared, well, I almost can't even remember what to do with a little baby anymore. Jeff happily reminds me that we really didn't know what to do before Ayla either! ha

Hope everyone is having a great COLD week. I sure don't like it!

3 comments:

Leah Robinson said...

It's sad to see them grow so quickly! But she will still be your baby, even when the new baby gets here :) The only major thing I noticed when Alli Jo arrived, was how BIG Hunter seemed. When before she was my little girl....I held her hand that first night Alli was home and it seemed so big compared to Alli's!

Chelsa said...

oh, i totally get the "sad, glad, and scared!"

Jen said...

You'll get it down by the third one! NOTHING Bryce has done since day 1 has caused me to jump---I don't even think I've cracked open a "What to do in the first year" book once. You'll do just fine!