Thursday, July 1, 2010

Leah Hope: 14 months

Just found this post... wrote it a few days after she turned 14mo. Now we're on the back half. What do you do....


Where does the time fly by? How many of these posts can I keep up with? ha It seems like I turn around and she is bigger, talking more, and another month older. I am so proud of Leah and Ayla. This summer has been so much fun!


Leah Hope at 14 months is....




Jabbering constantly. She will look at you intensely and jabber, jabber, jabber... no words are comprehendable. Its really cute. She is also shrieking again. YAY. No really, its awful. I say "Leah...No yelling" often.

Very social. Loves bigger kids. She will kinda get in their face so she can look right at them and see everything they say and do.

Discipling is in full force. I realize it is so much different based on the personalities of my children. At this age I could plop Ayla on her bottom and put her in time out and she'd stay there. She stopped throwing fits quickly bc I could redirect her/discipline her easily. Not so much the case with Leah. She is very stubborn and doesn't like to sit still. I think time outs will work well when she understands it. She is finally picking up on the fact she doesn't like when Mommy gives her a stern tone. She whimpers up and sticks out her lip. HA (since I wrote this she has been much easier- throws short fits and gets over it)

Such a Mommy girl. I looked back and have said this every month of her life. :) Enough said.

Getting taller and leaner looking. Reminding more of what Ayla looked like around her age.

Eating well. 3 full meals a day with mulitple snacks. Would eat fruit constantly & non-stop. Its almost comical.

Wearing size 4 diapers, size 4 shoe (some 5- eek), size 18 mo clothes.

Points to things she wants saying "dat, dat" Picking up some new words. Will repeat alot if asked.

Rode her first rides at the fair and Holiday World this year. Loved them both! Squealed with delight.

Very independent. Scares me a little bit in public bc she doesn't really like to hold your hand. We are working on that right now. She wants to barrel into the water, the wall, other kids- laughing the whole time. We'll have to work on this, bc this Mama is used to having a chill, disciplined kiddo. I love her just the same though.

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

i can't believe she is 14 months! (i think i say that with each "month" post that you do!).