Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Trains & Timers

We had such a great time this year at French Lick. I just love the girls ages right now. They are a lot of work, but its been such a growing age for all of us! These were taken literally as we were driving out of town. (A planned) Last stop.
Still havent gotten around to a Holiday World or 4th of July post. Hopefully soon.
On our way out of town I realized I wanted to stop by the old train depot because Ayla is really into trains right now. Don't know if its because of Dinosaur Train (thanks Emily) or that my Mom has a really neat set at her house. Regardless, its cool.

She kept asking me if the conductor was going to be there. So I had to explain that they weren't running. She wouldn't take no for an answer, so he was "sleeping".


Both girls loved running around and climbing on the trains. The trains do run at certain times with little heist shows. I hope to take Ayla to one sometime this fall. Truthfully, Ive never rode on a train myself.

One thing I like to do while on this particular trip is try to get self-timer pics of my family. Sometimes they work, most times I delete before even pulling them off my card. Regardless, its like a game for me. The ones we did at the gardens this week were comical; to say the least. So, the brilliant woman I am wanted to try it on the trains. I had to fashion a couple camera coupes... a booster seat (had in the car) on a bush and old ladder we found. Whatever.

My bud Brittany helped take the "glow" off us as the sun was setting on in our faces with her awesome skills. I'll share it with you soon. But, its fun. Until next year....

5 comments:

Brittany said...

That train is so neat. It makes for great photos!! You know there is a train that is just about an hour drive from here that goes all the way to Chicago. We talked about riding it up to Chicago and taking Mere to the American girl factory. How fun would that be!!

Brookeanne said...

Really sweet! I can't wait for the family pictures. We struggle with that too. I have a tripod I'm thinking about using, but I know they won't give the personality that having pictures taken would do. Makes me want to call Brittany and set up an appointment. Think she might want to trade photo sessions? ;) It looks like your photography is getting more and more creative with each post. It's fun to check them out! Enjoy the week!

Erica said...

Love the photos! So glad you guys had a good time :)

Sonya said...

Very good Pictures, your girls are so cute:) glad you had a good time.

Carissa said...

Love the pic of you and the girls! So sweet. B&W are my fav. Looks like they had a lot of fun.