Saturday, February 14, 2009

Celebrating Andon

Today I am celebrating Valentine's day with my family. It reminds me that not everyone is with the people they love. My friend's the Knepp's recently lost their little boy Andon, who was born sleeping at 34 weeks.

Through this time, Chelsa has shown us all how a Christian should be when facing times we don't understand. But, most of all Andon has taught me more than I could imagine without even uttering a cry. God's plan for this little boy was far too special for this temporary earth. And his story will surely touch people for a lifetime.

Today we celebrate this day of love in honor of Angel Andon. This family knows love, grace, & faith, and most importantly lives life according to God's principles. Even though they do not pretend to fully know why Andon is not here, they know he is in a far better place. So today we invite everyone, everywhere to celebrate the love of life.

Once you've created your post link my page so others can view all those who are choosing to honor Andon. (please link the post from today, not your total page) Then come back to my page and use Mr. Linky to allow others to come to your page. If the link isn't working, simply leave a comment with your blog or thoughts on the day.

13 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Tara posted early, go check out how she's celebrating!
http://jessandtarabrower.blogspot.com/2009/02/let-it-shine.html

Anonymous said...

thanks courtney for helping us all Remember Life!

Shannon said...

Loved the balloons! And Abby's Cookies! Looking forward to seeing the other posts!

Chelsa said...

court- thank you so much for doing this in memory of our precious little andon. we appreciate it so much more than words can ever tell you. i bawled while reading about your balloons that you and ay let loose in honor of andon. it is so good and we feel truly blessed to have people like you in our lives. love ya.

Shannon said...

Sorry I posted twice Courtney, but realized the first one is the link to my actual blog, and the second one is the link to the actual post on Andon... I don't know if you have a way on your end to delete my first one - if so please do. And may want to somehow let people know to put in the link to the actual post instead of just the blog page like I originally did!

Sonya said...

Thank you for helping us to remember life! You are doing a wonderful thing here! God Bless You!

Brittany said...

There are lots people dedicating posts. So cool! BTW there was tons of red velvet cake mix in the baking aisle at Walmart.

Leah Robinson said...

I'm so happy to get to celebrate baby Andon!! I couldn't get online to see this morning how everyone was celebrating, it's so awesome!! I was praying last night, and decided I would release 1 blue balloon in honor of the sweet angel that has touched so many of our lives!

Jamie A. said...

You probably don't know me..just read about this thru blogs, but wanted to tell you this was a great idea. I'm sure the Knepp family will love reading everyones stories about how they celebrated little Andon's life today!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

This is Jen's post! Very cool to get to slow down...
http://jenclowers.blogspot.com/2009/02/celebrating-life-and-love-on-valentines.html

Tara said...

Courtney, what a wonderful idea. So glad that I could participate.

Susie said...

Thank you Courtney for organizing this, it was the perfect idea! I know it took time and I just wanted to let you know my appreciation for including the rest of us "strangers" on the blog! ha. Blessings to you in Jesus' Name!

Chasity said...

Courtney - sorry I didn't follow your instructions very well..I linked my blog instead of the post...oops! Thanks so much for doing this for the Knepps - what a wonderful way to honor Andon...