Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Coming to an end...and a tough decision

Well, my dance season is coming to an end. Another year gone! Wow- its gone fast. The girls I had this year we alot of fun. Very different than some I have had in years past. These girls were all very new to the competition scene, so I felt like a mother hen. We had a productive year with alot of ups and only a few downs.
Now its time to say goodbye to this season and look to the future! Every season I wonder how or if I can do it. Physically, it takes alot of time from my family and from my body. I enjoy mentoring, laughing and learning with the girls. But, with mommyhood of 2 quickly approaching.. I wonder "can I really handle this" and "is it fair to my family". I know God has put me on the path of coaching for a reason.
Please pray for me as I make this tough decision. What is amazing is my husband loves that I coach and is very supportive. And he is the one who "suffers" when Im gone! Im a lucky girl! Whatever I decide will be great... I have a wonderful family that I can spend more time with or I have my family plus my extended dance family whom I love very much!

2 comments:

Amy said...

If you decide to coach again next year, this would give Jeff the perfect time to have Daddy Daughter Dates. (Triple D is what we call these.) Even though we miss our families terribly when we are not home it really is healthy for our daughters and our husbands to spend quality time together without us "mother hens" standing over their shoulders. That is just my two cents. I will definetly be praying for you and your decision. Love ya.

Brittany said...

I loved the pic of Ayla with her mouth open. It was so candid and funny! It seemed like every pic I got of Ayla her mouth was open or her eyes were looking in the other direction. I will make sure Luke gets some good ones of her next week! Were you serious about me deleting the pictures? I will if you really want me too, but the one is so funny :)