Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Feels Good


Man, it feels good to feel good again!

I am finally starting to feel better. More like myself. Hopefully, that is a good thing. Everything is falling into place well. Ayla continues to be a great big sis and my favorite 1st child :) She has started to show her "weak" side. She breaks down right around the time Daddy gets home and wants to be with him if he is holding Leah. So, unfortuneately, Daddy hasn't gotten much alone time with the new bundle. He is such a great daddy though!!

It also feels good to see how much my little girls are growing!

Leah is a great eater. This is always a fear of mommy's planning on breastfeeding, I think. She is staying fairly consistant on a schedule and if anyone knows me-- I like schedules! It has made parenting great. Sleeping is going fine, work in progress, but I feel good about it.

Ayla is talking up a storm. I mean... really. She is speaking full sentences. I love to hear her respond to me in her quirky ways.... today she started saying "sure mommy" when I would ask if she could help. It cracks me up! Other things that she says to make my heart sing.... "I lod you, mommy"..."I sardy, mommy"...."i tuck in here" ..."ead bib-l (read bible)" (hopefully you all speak toddler) Oh its just precious. We are planning the BIG 2 party. Still need to set a date and the invites made. Its all happening so fast!

Oh, and PS it feels SO good to know we made it through our first week alive.
That's right... Leah is 1 week old already!


PS. Ayla wants to give a big shout out to her buddy Gabe. He will be 2 tomorrow!!




8 comments:

Brittany said...

I still can't get over how cute Leah's little bibs were yesterday. Although its cute, I have never been good with toddler talk. What is "I tuck in here" stand for??

Chelsa said...

it's so fun when they start talking!! both your girls are just precious little cutie patooties!! but come on' look at their hot mama, who would expect otherwise?!

glad you survived your first week :)

Chelsa said...

yes, meeting for lunch sounds great :) i'll let ya know!

i still crave chi-chi's too! how dare them get rid of it!

Chelsa said...

p.s. you need to check out the pictures I added... their is one I know you'll love :) hehe

Brookeanne said...

I LOVE the pictures! It's so cute how there outfits really seem to jive with one another!!!

And you lady are too funny! "PS-eat"??? Lol, what is that? :)!

I think at this point I am getting more nervous about the baby staying in longer then anticipated, then coming out early now. I was definitely amazed that you carried so long with being dilated so much!!! It kinda gave me a complex. I have nightmares of being weeks past my due date and still pregnant!

It was so good to hear from you! Thanks for dropping by! Btw, I am completely addicted to the Stellan website. Thank you so much for sharing that! MckMama and Stellan are so inspiring!

Sonya said...

Your girls are beautiful! I'm glad your feeling better. Have a wonderful day, it's suppose to be warm! Yeah!

Ali Gish said...

Love the new pics Courtney! They are so cute! Glad everything is going well.

Tara said...

Happy 1 week Leah! Love the pictures of her on the chair!