Saturday, June 19, 2010

WOW

I really wanted to do something fun with the girls on Friday since the week had been so busy. I have had alot of things on my plate which tends to overwhelm this Mama. But thankfully here soon we'll be at our villa in French Lick for 5 days. I love that trip bc that means Jeff is with with us full time. That means two things... 1. I am not without adult conversation- not that he always wants to listen to me and 2. I get "time off". Because all you Mama's know "time off" doesn't happen often, especially if you're a stay at home mom.

Back to Friday... I wanted to take the girls to the splash park in Petersburg. I love the free-ness of it all, laid back- I don't have to feel like I need to stay a long time, picnic lunch and fenced in so I won't lose my kiddos. Unfortunately, my only willing friend didn't want to drive. Blah. So we tried out the WOW (waterworld of washington-cheesy name). Hence, the blog title.



It was alright. Clean. Safe. Beautiful day. Though I don't know if I'll be doing it again soon. It's hard to have 2 kiddos in a place like that by yourself. Leah wanted to play in the fun splash area while Ayla wanted to follow Mere in the pool. For the first hour I think I stood there looking back and forth to make sure both kids were happy and safe. And they were. I was sad that I couldn't spend time with both of my kids. I want to be a part of thier day everyday.


Oh well. *sigh*

Two kids is hard by myself. So Im curious what 2+? will be like...

A great thing about pool days are good naps. Hope to be taking one of those soon.

Right now we're packing up to go to the fair. :) My dancers run a super yummy food booth. We sell marinated turkey tenders, pulled pork bbq, tacos in a bag, and nachos. Oh. Yum. All 4 of us will be there tonight to help and take the girls on some rides. I can't believe my Leah is old enough to do fair stuff.

4 comments:

Chelsa said...

i wondered how the (wow) was! i haven't been, have thought of taking b though... corbin isn't big enough to enjoy it yet i doubt...

i love the splash park (and all it's freeness too!) :) we went out there last saturday evening and took b to play. i ran corbin's feet through the sprinkles and he giggled ;)

Beth said...

you know how i know you're a great mom? because you get just as excited about miss leah's milestones as ayla's. and i think you can handle ten more children. :-)

Brookeanne said...

The hardest thing for me is that Claire wants to sleep after being up for 2 hours. It really limits how much time we have to do things. She will last longer, but I know she likes her sleep. I can't complain about anything else. 3 kids is awesome!!!

Tera said...

I agree about the situation at WOW. Brynna wanted to be in the splash area and Braylee wanted to swim in the 3-4ft. section. Hard trying to watch both directions at the same time, but the pool is nice and clean. As for 3 kids, I think it's probably just an adjustment factor like anything else...but I also think it helps to have some age gaps in there too. Having 3 kids in 3-4 years would be tough. Just wait, in 2 years, you'll be amazed at how independent Ayla is and it won't seem scary to have another. :)