Saturday, September 4, 2010

All My Single Ladies...

Cute blog title, but not a cute life. I give it up to all you single moms out there. I have NO idea what you go through every day just to have fun with your kiddos. Me and my crew have been riding solo now for just barely over 24 hrs and I am wiped.

To be honest, I just got off the phone with Jeff a couple hours ago begging him to come home early! ha I am such a baby. It doesn't seem like any of us chicks got out of bed on the right side today. With lots of whining, plenty "talks" with Mama on how to behave, and little to no naps, I was running on fumes coming time for bed.

We did get to stop by our pals house tonight for a few minutes. There were so many fun families there which only made me miss my partner-in-crime so much more! I didn't get to talk much because I was too busy making sure no girl was hurt, running into the fire, or attacking another child. Big shout-out goes to L.Lynch who caught Ayla in mid-air when she jumped out of her skin at the sound of the flame thrower Dusty was using to start a fire! No joke. I thought you started a fire with a lighter and a newspaper.... not Dusty. That's why we love him. Jeff was sad he missed it!

So here's to tomorrow and hopefully a slightly less eventful day. Cross your fingers for supermom to be able to pull off getting all us chicks ready for church on time, get the kids to their classes, and then out to lunch with fam. Monday is not coming soon enough! Hope your having a great time daddy!

PS> Looks like that Zumba class paid off for you Lindsay

5 comments:

Sonya said...

Hoping today goes very smooth:) It is hard when your spouse is missing. I am so dreading John leaving. He is going to Colorado for 10 DAYS!!! :( I am already having nightmares.

Tera said...

I sometimes feel like I do the bulk of the work when Alex is around but it's very obvious how much he helps out when he isn't home, ykwim? I missed Ayla jumping out of her skin! :) Hope your morning went well!

Lindsay Lynch said...

I am literally smiling as I type thinking about your poor girl when she saw Dusty with his fire starter. (I also have never started a fire with anything other than a match and newspaper.) I shouldn't laugh bc it was sad but it was just too cute. By the way we don't speak of me and Zumba ever. Lol. If and I say if I go back I may need a little instruction ahead of time next time.

Beth said...

i saw that jeff returned and that you at least got a ten minute break when he did - he was walking the girls and they politely waved and cheered us on as we ran by (super slowly, if he didn't mention that!)
i feel like such a baby, but i hate when pete is gone for the weekend. it is hard work! but you did it! hope your short week goes smoothly.

Jen said...

I agree...hard work! Sounds like you did just fine, though! And what is the old saying...absence makes the heart grow fonder? Now you should leave for a week or two so he can see how much you do! :)