Friday, September 17, 2010

Leah Hope:17 months

Leah turned 17 months old on wed.

Weird. 17 months. Sometimes it just seems like I just had her. This year has definitely gone by faster than any in my lifetime. I hope I am savouring each moment for what it is. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Time is flying and soon we'll be planning for another baby. It all just seems so fast! Next month will be my last monthly post on her development. I can't believe she is almost 1 1/2 yrs old.

Speaking of which, boy, is this girl sassy! I describe her personality to most people who don't know her as "big". She loves big, cries big, big attitude.... when she's mad- she's MAD and will shake and turn red. Its ugly. But usually is fleeting. I try to ignore it bc she gets past it quickly. She is quick to say "sorry" after a time out but tries to test us by watching our reaction after repeating the same offense that put her tush in time out in the first place. She will kiss & kiss & kiss. Such a lover. Mainly to her Mommy, which I eat up.

Leah is watching our every movement nowadays. Especially Ayla's. She wants to be just like her big sis. Thankfully, Ayla is a pretty good girl! Though Ayla probably feels tortured most of the time, I let Leah follow her around and pretend to be a "big girl" too. Isn't this what having an older sibling is about?


Leah is still wearing size 4 diapers, 18-24 month clothes- some 2T. Has fat feet and growing- wearing 6-7 size shoes.
Appetite is not has grand as past months. She doesn't seem to be picky, just eating less. I have been trying to cut back on snacks to try to remedy that. Her faves still remain most fruits esp grapes or blueberries. Drinking only soy milk, water, and sometimes diluted juice.

Has a fantastic vocabulary and words are becoming more clear.

Learning to do a somersault. Learning to jump with both feet.

Cheers "Go Hatchets, Go!" Using our pom-poms.

Plays well on own. Mostly like real stuff more than toys.

Sings "Twinkle, Twinkle" by repeating "Tinkle, Tinkle.... sky..." over and over. Also sings "Single Ladies"- Hil.ar.ious! (will try to upload vid) Trying to learn "Jesus loves Me" and points to herself on the chorus.

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

she is adorable!!!!

new baby? did i miss something?

Brookeanne said...

Too cute!!! We must be on the same plane of thought because I just uploaded the exact same type of post for Claire's 16 month update a few minutes ago! The second I saw yours on the Dashboard I thought, "Oh crap, she's going to think I totally copied her!", lol! I swear I didn't ;)!