Monday, January 5, 2009

2009

My friend Jennifer posted a little ditty on the changes she wants to implement in her life this year. After reading this I began to think of the many "changes" that will be taking place in our house whether I like it or not. Then realized there were many things that I could should do to better our lives also.

The wheels in my head started to turn and as many people talk of resolutions this time of the year. I kept feeling prompted to proclaim my newfound feelings. I don't like to call them resolutions, because I don't think many truely even remember what they've "resolved" to do by mid summer.

Do you even know what this term means? To resolve, or, to change by disintegration. My goals for the year do not include "disintegration". Rather than disintegrate, Id like to keep my little life together, thank you. Just improve the way I think, love, serve...live.

My goals are to budget more, fight less,
enjoy having 2 babies, become active again,
less wanting, more giving, cook healthier,
learn more from the bible, laugh louder, prioritize date nights,
read more books to my children,
more crafts, less complaining, more praying, finish our home,
breathe slower, grow a garden,
forgive & forget,
show more gratitude.
I will live more, love more, & serve more.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Good intentions...I, too, want a garden. I think I forgot to add that one....and more serving. I've been praying for awhile to find more service opportunities. More scripture study...more seeking--in the spiritual sense...we can always increase there. You will do great with two babies and if you decide to have more, you will do great then, too! Happy New Year!

Chelsa said...

great post court!

Brittany said...

That was a nice poem (or whatever it is called). Loved the last line! It sounded like you could publish it in a book!

Tera said...

Very well put. I'm planning to plant pumpkins in the spring...can that count as my garden?! :) Share your healthy recipes too!

Sapphire Sweets by Emily said...

Wonderful! A great way to approach the new year! Hopefully we will make it to playgroup soon...we miss you girls!

Tasha said...

I loved all of your goals for 2009! I wish we lived closer...I need you to rub off on me!!!

Chelsa said...

Court! I'll get those pictures of the nursery posted asap! lol. I don't have the decorations on the wall yet though!

I'm a little nervous now about the whole kidney infection thing now b/c (sorry way too much info) but my pee is like way more yellow... and I don't drink pop or anything... umm yah! I totally don't want any more pain than what already being pregnant is! lol