Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ready to have my kid back


(@ quickcare)
Some of you know that my Ayla has been sick on & off for a couple weeks. First she had that nasty little GI bug- EW. Then well Mommy got it, then daddy.... did I say EW? Once that was through last weekend she started running a fever. Being a nurse, I try to wait out her fevers hoping its teething. She started waking up every hour! Then that night she started snoring (snoring=inflammation=airway constriction) and her fever got as high as 104.5- not good, def not teeth. Ugh.

After two nights of this I took her to quickcare, thankfully we had Tera as our NP. Ayla loved her and it was great to see her not be scared! She had tonsilitis- seriously,ugh. She is doing So much better now. But, her personality has transformed to the whinest, meanest girl EVER. A few weeks ago my friend Brittney talked about her little one turning into a monster while sick. OH Yeah. I feel ya now.

Slowly each day we are praying for the return of our child. Mid week, I actually called Jeff at work, cried and said "Im ready to have my kid back".... Yesterday was pretty good. Lots more playing and laughing, less fits and tantrums. Looking forward to what today brings...

I know I will laugh about it soon, just not today :)



So far so good!

3 comments:

Tera said...

((big hug)) for Momma...it's rough taking care of sick babies. I hope she's back to her usual bubbly self soon!
You're going to be busy with your dance team. Take good care of yourself and baby Leah!

Brookeanne said...

Awww, poor thing! The good news is as they get older, they get better about telling you what they need to feel better :). I'm sure your angel will come around in no time! Until then, hang in there!

Brittany said...

Poor Ay! Its no fun being sicky. Sometimes antibiotics can make them fussy or steroids?? Don't remember if you said she was on either? Btw Your girls did a good job dancing tonight!