Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Big "Helper"....

During all the chaos that follows home improvement projects Ayla has done surprisingly well. We had a few meltdowns understanding why she couldn't play in Leah's armoir, when it was placed in her playroom. Then after the playroom was moved... why she couldn't lay in Leah's bed. Eww.. sour moments! :( Poor girl.

We resorted to talking frequently about Leah's room and bed. Having her help me put the kitty (toy) to bed for Leah, turning the lights on, etc. It has helped alot. Everyday we spend a little time in there "checking" on the room for Leah until she gets here. I knew this was going to be hard, but I want her to be ok with everything. Changes are weird for us all. Hopefully, we're taking all the right steps to get there....

She HAS been a very big helper in alot of ways though.....

like helping me organize her toys before we moved them....


and

making sure we got all stuff ordered for Leah's room....

1 comment:

Brookeanne said...

I honestly don't remember what we did to help Elayna adjust with Kevin coming. We had a lot of little ones in our house at the time (doing childcare). I think all of your ideas sound great and I bet she will be one of the most well adjusted kids out there! She looks adorable "helping" you organize the bedset :)!