Friday, August 6, 2010

Silly Sisters

Lately, Ayla has been saying some of the cutest stuff. I wish I had a little camera on so I could look back and giggle. I wish I could remember it all.

Both girls are into singing nowadays. Leah is more traditional, singing Hot Dog song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Elmo's World theme. Ayla on the other hand walks around the house singing "Let's get it started... Let's get it started in here." HA or her other fave is the Party in the USA song from Miley. She'll ask me to sing the "hands up" song.

By the end of the night when we're tucking Ay in she'll try to drag out her time with us together. By asking us things like "tell me about your day" or "let's imagine a story".

(Ayla working in a preschool workbook- can't believe we are talking preschool )

Both girls are super lovey. Leah is starting to carry a dolly around. Its really cute to see her get into that nuturing role. Because those who are close to Leah know she doesn't stop long "nuture". She's kinda a bully right now.



Here she is with her baby... sharing milk, loving, and the last one she was saying "kick, kick" apparently the baby was kicking her?



(I told you her hair was growing fast)

Ayla has always been a little Mommy. She likes to help and repeat my Mommy-isms. Lately she'll grab Jeff's face or mine, look into our eyes, and spew sweetness forth. My faves lately are "Mommy, Im so proud of you", "You're such a big girl", and "I love you up to the sky".

Some not so cute things she's picked up from me lately... Well, yesterday we were having a standoff on the couch. I wanted her to do something and she clearly didn't want to comply. She looked at me with the stink-eye and said "do you hear my words" ha. I asked her right back if she heard MY words and asked if she wanted to apologize. I won that one. But, she's good. I may have to watch her in the future.

5 comments:

Sonya said...

OH my Leah's hair is really growing!! I love watching my kids do silly things, Lately I just keep thinking it is going way too fast! They are going to be grown and I don't know what I will do then:(

Jessie said...

I love the stuff that Ayla's been saying to you! Btw--it is like a sigh of relief when I see parents working with their kids on anything educational. You are doing her a great service!! Hope your day got better yesterday!

Chelsa said...

leah's hair is getting so long!! her and the baby are so cute! i'm CRACKING up at the things ay is saying to you!! especially about the standoff on the couch! although, i'm sure it wasn't so hilarious at the time!

Tera said...

Aren't 3 yr olds the best??! I love the silly stuff they do and say. I love the couch standoff too...it's good to know she is listening to you. :)

Brittany said...

Your Ayla story is so funny!! Both of your girls are so simliar yet, complete opposites. That is so much fun!!