Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Anniversary Jeff!





I can not believe it has been 4 years!! Wow! :) 4 wonderful years.... Jeff and I dated for a long time prior. Our relationship was wonderful. We started as friends and to this day he is still my best friend.

He was a senior when I was a freshman in high school. We were friends... I dated his best friend. ha Whatever "dating" is? After a year in college we chatted over the fireworks on the 4th of July. We looked up and everyone was gone from the field we were watching them from. He made me nervous. He asked for my number. When we started "dating" I was a sophmore in high school, while he was away to college 5 hours away in Angola, IN. I think our relationship was so strong bc we were forced to get to know each other over the many phone calls, letters, videos, and emails. Jeff ran track. He was good too. He was an All American pole vaulter many years in a row. Needless to say he wasn't home much so we cherished all the time we had together.

I need to do more of that nowadays. We get lost in our busy-ness of life and forget to cherish the little moments you have together!
Our relationship had its ups and downs. We helped each other through alot of growing periods. Ultimately, we realized this was it. He has always been my one and only :)
Engaged June 25, 2004... Married April 2, 2005.... fast forward and Ayla was born May 8, 2007 & Leah is soon to arrive. I feel more in love with him every time I see him with her. He is such a great daddy, wonderful husband, and strong Christian man. I could not have asked for anyone, or anything better!
Our life revolves alot around our little family... Here he is with Ayla 1mo.
Already a perfect daddy!




Daddy & Ay @ 12mo. This was his first trip taking her to his family's land and was very proud.

Jeff doesn't mind the pink shoes, tutus, and tiny giggles. I love that he embraces everything this family encounters. I trust him more than anyone on this earth.

I love you very much Jeff and look forward to the next 40+ many more years.....

12 comments:

Ali Gish said...

aww, happy anniversary courtney (and jeff) :) we will have our four year this year too! maybe you will get a little anniversary present today (baby leah)!!

Jessie said...

Toooo sweet! What a great way to ring in your 4th anniversay!! You guys are so perfect for each other...although I've heard that story from you before, I always love hearing about how people met....Happy Anniversary!!! love ya;)

Tera said...

Very sweet! Happy Anniversary!!

Andrea said...

Aww Congrats to you both!

Chelsa said...

very sweet! happy anniversary :)

Lauren said...

blessings to you on your anniversary!

Brenda said...

Happy Anniversary!! That is a sweet story...I love hearing how people met!
Thanks for the sweet comment on my family too! We had fun...I just hope Leah captured a few with both boys smiling and looking at the same time! We'll see!

Tara said...

Happy anniversary you two! Doesn't being a daddy make your husband so much more sexy!?

Brittany said...

Happy Anniversary! Don't the years just fly by so quickly?

Shane, Amy, Murphy, & Wrigley said...

Happy anniversary! Here's to many many more to come!

Beth said...

happy anniversary to you and jeff! we will be married four years this summer, and i really feel that things have been getting better ever since! it sounds like you guys have a great relationship so it makes sense that you are great parents too! i hope you don't have to wait too long to welcome leah. have a nice weekend!

Sapphire Sweets by Emily said...

Happy Anniversary to such a sweet, cute couple!