Sunday, April 19, 2009

125th Post!! Confessions...

Wahoo.. 125 posts? Wow... I must like to talk alot :)

But really, who didn't know that already?
I must confess... I love my girls SO much. One thing I want to do is make sure the arrival of Leah doesn't overshadow how much we already feel blessed by having Ayla. They are both beautiful, healthy, and special!

My next confession is how Ayla continues to delight me with how fantastic she is at being a big sister. My fave is-- if I tell her I am going to change sissy's diaper... she says "me do" and runs to her bassinet to get diapers & wipes. She hasn't once questions why Leah "eats" (nurses)-- usually she smiles and says "icks" (licks- gross I know- ha) We are trying to be very laid back with her knowing things will happen and we'll have to handle them as they come. But, God is good!


As I am laying things out on the table.. last night Stunk Again. Yep. But, I am cool with it. I am definitely a mom on a mission to figure her out. Its funny how we just assume our newborns should just know what is expected. She doesn't have her days & nights mixed up because she doesn't know what days & nights are! Leah is 4 days old and I have to keep that in mind as we learn together what she needs.... Thank you to everyone for your uplifting comments, stories, and suggestions. We have tried alot of things, including the shooshing/swaying combo you all seem to use a whole lot of! ha Tonight we're going to try bath & baby massage before nursing... wish us luck!

6 comments:

Amy said...

I haven't been on here for a couple of days. Leah is so beautiful. Congrats. Having two girls is sooo much fun. Love you and if you need anything let me know.

Brookeanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brookeanne said...

Hang in there, I know sleep is practically non-existent... especially when you're nursing! My heart goes out to you!!! I do think it is so much easier then the alternative in the long run, especially when things catch on and you're not dealing with bottles in the middle of the night and you can sleep through most of the nursing (you probably already know all this, so I think I'm saying it as much for myself [AHHHHH!!!] as I am sharing it with you... lol). Hang in there and congrats on BOTH wonderful girls!

Shannon said...

Leah looks so tiny in that picture... both girls are precious! Love how you are 4 days post delivery and seem to be completely back in the swing of things... seems impressive from the outside looking in:) Hope you get some rest.

Andrea said...

Ayla's hair is gettin long!!

You'll get a routine going before too long and it will be soo smooth I have faith!! GOOD LUCK!

Chelsa said...

you are such a good mommy. your girls are blessed :)