Friday, April 3, 2009

Where's the baby?


I have been asked this question alot lately....

That's right, folks. She is still in the belly! ha Obviously, not in her belly (that would be creepy). Who would have thought. Four weeks ago she was anxiously trying to make her arrival. Since then many have prayed over this sweet one. PTL. And now I can say I will have a full term baby. That is... when she decides to come.

Its been 4 weeks of wondering... wondering if my water will break at Wal-Mart clean up on aisle 3, wondering if she will be healthy, wondering if "today is the day", wondering if she is staying in there because she realizes Im crazy. You know, normal thoughts. :)

We had another apt with Dr. F today. Happily I can say things are continuing to progress. I am now 4 cm and 85% effaced. I have been "instructed" to go ahead in to L&D if my contractions become somewhat regular. How fuN! Now my main hope is she will come before Dr. F goes off call. Eeek. Oh well. Only time will tell.

5 comments:

Chelsa said...

i laughed throughout this post- i can just HEAR you saying those things! i love you girl, you crack me up! you are coming right along 4cm and 85%! awesome! hopefully you're labor will be short!

this weather is just crazy! it's supposed to be nice tomorrow and i'm so glad- but then i'm not ready for the cold weather to come after that :( ryan will be gone next week/weekend on a fishing trip, so we really need to get a lot done this wk/end! hopefully the weather will cooperate!

have a great weekend!! i'll be checking frequently to see if you've had leah yet!

Jessie said...

4 cm!!! Holy cow, I think "any time now" would be an appropriate guess for you!! That's crazy....I also wondered every time we went ANYWHERE if that would be the time/place that Koen would decide to arrive. Btw, thanks for your advice on my blog....its soooo great to have friends who know about those things:) We'll be praying for ya....

Brookeanne said...

So exciting! I would imagine there being some mixed feelings about this additional time being pregnant. Thanks for the sweet comment on myspace... Shaun took that one for me before we went to the doctors. I gotta sneak them in while I can, pregnancy pics in bed resemble that of a beached whale :)!!!

Tera said...

Aren't these little peas so deceiving at times...tempting you weeks ago and now making you wait! ;) I had a pt who delivered at 32 weeks with #1 and then went OVERDUE with her second! I also remember those feelings of "Come On, Now! I'm 4cm!" I'm sure this won't happen for you since you went early last time...but I was 4cm at 38 weeks and Brynna was still overdue (partly because I'm stubborn and was refusing to "get things going" by letting him break my water)! Hope it's soon for you. Love and prayers for an easy delivery!

Heather said...

Awww I didn't know you were pregnant again!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Thanks so much for your sweet words of encouragement!!! Your little girl is absolutely ADORABLE by the way!!!! Take care!

Heather