Thursday, April 30, 2009

Smarty pants

Today the rain gave us a chance to hang out and play. Sometimes it is nice to just 'be'. :)
My lil Ayla is so smart. I always said I would do my best to make as much mommy time for Ayla alone that I could once Leah got here. I admit, it has been a challenge. Thankfully, Leah is a fantastic baby. She still sleeps alot during the day. I realized it had been awhile since I just sat for an extended period of time to play with Ayla and not have Leah in my arms.

This afternoon we did just that. We postponed nap time and got out the blocks. She is just now into building and crashing. Crashing mostly. But, as I sat watching my big girl play, I began to listen closely to her sweet speak. She was naming all the characters on the blocks. When she was younger we would talk about all the characters/shapes on them. Its amazing to see all that has soaked in and her love learning. Afterwards, I counted the blocks she had recognized and there were over 40 different shapes, animals, characters that she knew!

What a smarty pants....

my faves she says was zipper, zebra, rocket, & brella (for umbrella).


This is what sissy did the whole time....



I hope you all can find time today to just play with your smarty pants....

2 comments:

Brookeanne said...

GREAT pictures! Sounds like a perfect day. I will have to take a cue from you when spreading my time between three kids this summer. That one on one time means the world to them! Enjoy the rest of the week!

Chelsa said...

sweet pictures! glad you had fun playing w/ miss smartypants :)