Saturday, April 18, 2009

First time Parents...Second time around!

Man it feels good to be home again. To (not) sleep in my own bed, to dance with Ayla in the kitchen, and take walks in the yard! I still can't believe Leah is here with us. Ayla continues to surprise me with how wonderful she is doing with her sissy being here.

However...

Last night was wild! Seriously, lack of sleep is an understatement! ha But, pregnancy hormones are amazing in that I am in an adrenaline rush. I know this will wear off soon, so I will take it while I can. I feel like a first time mom all over again. We just couldn't figure out what to do to make her stop crying --unless she was nursing.... boo.

That content baby I posted of yesterday, well, is slowly adjusting to life outside the womb. She is not as content as I had thought before. :) But that is ok, she soon will see what a fantastic family she has and perk up! She had alot of awake moments today.. We are enjoying every moment when her big eyes open, Ayla taking care of her sissy, and the sweet sleeping moments.

She is officially 3 days old... cuter than ever!!

7 comments:

Brittany said...

Leah is looking different already. Hey I have a swaddle me if you want to try it out to maybe help with the fussiness (you might have one, but someone told me it worked miracles with their baby)?? We never tried it with Meredith but will def try it with our second one if she has trouble sleeping, fussy etc.

Jen said...

I was going to suggest the same thing as Brittany, I think it's the same. I never used a "swaddle me" but I would always fold a large receiving blanket triangular and then wrap the babe up as tight as possible. Maybe in reality I just had content infants, but I always thought that worked pretty well. Also, once you have them all swaddled, you can shoosh in their ear, as loud as they are crying so they can hear it....and they always stopped. I felt like I finally got it all right with baby number 3!

Tara said...

Wow... I'm just impressed that you are already dancing in the kitchen & taking walks!!!you must be feeling well! i too always swaddled & shoosheh & swayed. it worked like magic if I was doing all 3. good luck - both your girls are gorgeous.

Shane, Amy, Murphy, & Wrigley said...

She's a cutie! I hope you can get some rest soon!

Sandy said...

I'm with Tara, I'm impressed you're moving around so much! That dance background has paid off! Very very impressed, you go girl. And your daughter is absolutely beautiful, just like her mama :)

Brookeanne said...

I'm sooo excited to see more pictures and hear more about what is happening post-baby! I'm also glad to hear that you're nursing... you go girl!!! Sounds like everyone is doing well, keep up the awesome job, you're such a great mom!

Chelsa said...

she is adorable :)