Monday, April 20, 2009

We may be on to something!!

That's right. I said it, out loud even. We may be on to something here....
Last night we did as I said nighttime warm bath, swaddle, nurse, night-night...

Well, I didn't exactly get off that easily! ha But, it was a very much enjoyable night. In fact, I think I may have gotten more sleep than most nights when painfully pregnant! We did do bath, swaddle, nurse, night-night-- but she still wouldn't let me lay her down. Soooo we snuggled (Im good at this) and I did the rest of my cleaning up in the dark with her on my shoulder. Another failed attempt at laying her in the bassinet..... hhhhmmmm....

Out came the carseat (can't for the life of me find my darn bouncer yet) and in went Leah. So, bath, swaddle, nurse, night-night carseat... no go. Seriously.... add in paci, slight rock.... and the fave shooshing...

We're on to something.... that's right SHE FELL ASLEEP. I had to wake her 4 hrs later to nurse, then she went 3 more hours again twice between feedings. So, tomorrow night its warm bath, swaddle, nurse, snuggle, carseat, paci, shooshing..... no joke. In that order, too. :)

I love telling the adventures of motherhood. I am smiling so big as I type, because I am proud of my little girl no doubt. I know she will get the hang of this crazy world soon enough. Until then I will "accomodate" to make both of my girls comfortable as possible. (within reason) Thanks again for your comments. I think they pumped me up for last night and I am looking forward even more to the next to see if she can have another good night. As for the comments of me being somewhat 'superwoman-ish' in my recovery.

Oh no.. so not the case. With Ayla I never once took a pain pill, bopped around the next few days, etc. Naturally, you assume it will be the same. HA The nurses politely told me to just take a darn pill bc "things just don't go back the same second time around" and Dr. F said "things are stretched out" Awesome. I have been pretty wimpy. Trying to do as much as I can bc I don't want Ayla to see Mommy hurt. I have a slight weight restriction so I am not supposed to pick Ayla up (HAHAHAA). Any mommies with multiple babies would laugh at this right. She was crushed every time I told her I couldn't pick her up, and my body would cry every time I gave in and did. So dancing in the kitchen and taking little walks in the yard were my ways of trying to still be the mommy she knew.

Sorry no pics this post. I will hold you in suspense until later. I am still loving laying in my pj's. But wanted to share my awesome night! Have a great day...

5 comments:

Brookeanne said...

Soooo AWESOME!!! I'm in suspense for pictures :)! Enjoy day #5 with the girls, I'm looking forward to hearing more about what you're up to!

Victoria said...

Thanks for sharing your journey, Court! Those little girls have a great mommy!

Taddy and Ariel Schmitt said...

You're so sweet!! I just saw your comment on my blog. Yeah I know, you sent it a long time ago... I am in school and so I don't have a lot of time to figure this out...my brain is fried by the time I have a free moment. :) I will definitely let you know if I need any help. Still have a month and half of school so it may be a while till I get to it again. Congrats on your newest little girl! She's so cute! Hope you continue to get some good sleep! Night!

Tera said...

Glad your night went a little better. I smiled when I read that you woke her up to nurse her. People used to think I was crazy to do that, but it's what is best for baby so early on. WTG, momma! :)

Chelsa said...

glad you had a better night :)