Monday, September 21, 2009

Oh Happy Day

Happy Birthday Wyatt! My lil man, nephew Wyatt is turning 5 today. We had a family birthday bash for him last night. It was a good time. He continues to surprise me with his love for all things boy, his growing personality, and his generosity. Such a sweet boy, but a "tough" guy.

Thinking very hard what he wants to wish for...


Eye-ing the prize!

YUM.
Happy Bow-day Leah! Yep, the other day I was able to get a little bow in Leah's hair. Her hair is growing so fast lately. Its kinda like baby bird hair at the moment, but I think it will be beautiful soon :) This cutie-patootie also started sleep training last night. My plan was to wean her off her first feed of the night and I would keep her schedule after that. Well, daddy went in when her internal alarm went off at the first 3 hr mark. He tried to calm her and let her cry a bit. Thankfully, he turned off the monitor or I would have broke down. But, he said it was fine and she didn't cry for long. I woke up in a tizy at 5 am and she hadn't eaten yet! So, she went 8 hrs without eating!! YAY. I went in to appease myself at 5:30am, and she was restless. So I fed her and we both fell back to sleep til 8. *sigh

Happy Parade Day Ayla! Ayla was the star of the homecoming parade on Friday. Ok. Not really the star, but she thought she was hot stuff. She walked in the parade with my in-laws for the Just Say No club Mamaw Owens runs at North Elementary. When asked if she had fun she replied, "Wanna do it gen."

6 comments:

Beth said...

hooray for leah! and you and jeff too! best of luck getting some sleep again. -beth

Brookeanne said...

YAYAYAY! Awww, this is exciting! I'm so glad that Jeff was able to help make that such a successful situation! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ayla's Korker bow! Did you make it or buy it? Leah, is so stunning. I have to say, I think we have two of the prettiest babies I've ever seen. There must have been something in the water for our '09 girls ;)!

Lindsay Lynch said...

I am so glad you got some sleep!!! Hope things continue to go well for you and your family!!!

Mrs. Davidson said...

I'm glad the training is working for Leah! We haven't really gotten the opportunity to start with Abigail as her teething kicked in full force. Pray for me! BTW how do you get such an awesome looking header for your blog?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, go LEAH! SLEEP IS GOOD!

Tera said...

Glad to hear things went well w/Leah's sleep training! Yeah!