Thursday, September 10, 2009

TN trippin': Part 2 The In Between

Oh, the 'in between' was much more fantastic than the on the road adventures. Though GPS is a must to derail arguments. As long as you type it in right... right Jen.

When we first got to the hotel it was all about eating and swimming. Ayla was so looking forward to getting in the pool. Especially with the unseasonably cool weather lately. So that is just what we did. Called us up some Papa Johns and enjoyed the pool by ourselves.

Our hotel was amazingly beautiful and huge. They had an outdoor pool, however a wedding rehersal was taking place. I didn't think they needed to hear us yahoos. We had the indoor pool to ourselves. It looked a bit like a early 70's horror film could have filmed there. Even with CPR posters hung dating 1985. However, a good time was had by all.


The girls look a little blue in the gills here. We were Freezing getting out of the pool! ha. But, worth it bc this is what took place immediately after arriving in the room and a warm bath.

AHH yes. A good long nap was had by all. I think we all loved the thought of being away. No schedules to follow. No worries. Just us. Nappin.

Oh and my Thankful Thursday portion goes to my best friend. He just celebrated his 30th birthday! Jeff, I love you SO much. I hope you had as good of time as I did on your trip. :) Thanks for being YOU.

3 comments:

Tera said...

Just got caught up on your posts. Looks like you guys had fun- minus Ay not feeling well. If you are like me, it doesn't really matter what you do as long as you are with your hubby and girls. :) Since I'm not a great cook, I don't know if I'll add any recipes, but I'm anxious to see what everyone else has to share!

Jen said...

Love the pictures--I left my camera in TN, so I have none to share. BTW, are the bangs new? They look GREAT on you!

Caroline and Kyle said...

Hi Owens Family,
I love following your blog! You have the best stories and your girls are PRECIOUS and so cute! It was good to hear from you!
Caroline