Thursday, October 8, 2009

Prayer Request

My grandmother called me today with some news. She recieved a phone call from a brother whom she had not had contact with in nearly 25 years. To be honest, I didn't even know she had a brother. How awesome it was for them to finally reconnect! However, the phone call came with news... he has bladder cancer. Eddie (the brother) has already undergone partial bladder removal and is getting ready to get chemotherapy. He asked if she could help.

Wow.

I can't imagine how hard of a phone call that was for him and for my grandma. I wish she was close so I could hug her and encourage her to continue to reconnect with him. She (and Eddie) both live in Florida. She called to see if I could spread a prayer request far and wide for Eddie. Now that I can do. Id like to ask everyone who sees this to cover both my grandma and her brother in prayer. That they can feel peace together and comfort in knowing they have each other no matter what happened many years ago.

3 comments:

Chelsa said...

wow, that gave me cold chills! iwill send up some prayers right now for them both!

Jen said...

Wow, what an incredible reunion. I will be praying as well...

Shane, Amy, Murphy, & Wrigley said...

Definitely in my thoughts and prayers!