Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thankful Thursday

First off, like most Thursdays I thank the Lord for the health of my children. Though I wish I got more sleep. I know the culprit. Tooth #2. Appeared Oct 7, just mearly 11 days after the first. I think she'll be like her big sis and have a mouthful of pearly whites early. And that makes me smile.

Last night my family and I went out to church to set up for our coat drive. We are taking part in the Bundle Up program, partnering with many area churches to coat children in Daviess Co. Soooo cool. Ayla noticed a couple of her hats from her closet were in the basket to donate. She did not like this or understand this ONE BIT.

We had a talk about the children who are cold and don't have hats like us. She was puzzled as to why their were kids who didn't have them....

We are a nation of spoiled people, you know. Me WAY definitely included.

Leah wanted to show Ayla how to do it...

Ayla finally decided to give her hat. I wasn't going to make her, but wanted her to do it. I hope to be able to show all our children no matter their age how to have a giving heart.


He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.
Proverbs 19:17

4 comments:

Brittany said...

It looks great!! I am so excited to see how many coats we get!

Brookeanne said...

That is really awesome! Good for Ayla (and her great parents) for doing something so self-less and generous!

Chelsa said...

it is hard for them to understand that other kids don't have all the things they do. i try to drive that point home to brycen a lot... it's hard for ME to imagine someone not having a coat though, let alone my 4 year old grasping that... we are so blessed.

Tera said...

You were way fancier than me! :) I just set up a table with a sign and announced it in church & on the bulletin. I started early though...figured the longer we had, the more coats we could get! :) Just last night, Braylee was asking what kids who didn't have homes would do while it was raining outside. I love that she is realizing at a young age how fortunate she is.