Sunday, October 4, 2009

Soup-er Friday: Weekend Edition

So Im trying to get caught up with Soup-er Friday. I know alot of people like to look at recipes. I know I do! I love to cook, get and share ideas, and most importantly, I like to eat. :)

I thought since Im doing a weekend edition why not do fall breakfast options? I know during the colder months we eat more warm breakfasts. Nothing can replace the comfort that a hot, homemade breakfast provides.

Baked Oatmeal

I mix the dry ingredients the night before and set it out for the morning. In the morning all I have to do is mix in the wet and pop it in the oven for an awesome breakfast. It is my fave warm out of the oven. But, perfect room temp for a quick snack. You can use regular or quick oats. I typically use quick bc it makes a smoother consistancy, more like cake. Halve this recipe for a small family (bake in 8x8).

6c oatmeal
2c brown sugar
4 beaten eggs
1 c oil
2 c milk
1 T baking powder
2t salt

Mix together and pour in 9x13 pain. Bake 350 for 20-25 mins.



Remember to click the link to add a recipe or view others recipes. I know we are out of sequence for the week so you may not add. That's ok. Soup-er Friday will be on time this week. Share any fall recipe you love whether its soup, breakfast, appetizer, whatever... indulge us

3 comments:

Brookeanne said...

Yummy!

P.S. I'm jealous about your win! Those are some gorgeous items to pick from! :)

Brittany said...

Mmmm you have the best baked oatmeal!! I still don't have a kitchen so if you are making a batch..... just think of me:) haha, only kidding!

Brookeanne said...

Glad I'm not the only one! Wish I had the talent to write out a funny blog like you and Jen. I need to work out my quippy-ness ;)