Friday, October 9, 2009

Soup-er Friday

Soup-er Friday's have been fun. I have filed away a lot of your recipes and can't wait to fill up on soups and other fun fall foods. I have been trying to think of things we like to make and do in the fall... not Just soups. I defintely break out my crock pot more in the fall than any other month. It is such a handy tool. I remember my daddy bought me my first crock pot for college so I could make roast. My dad is an awesome cook. Though he doesnt like to admit it. :)

As I was saying, crock pots are handy. It makes cooking and cleaning up easy. Plus, it makes my house smell lovely! I like to throw chicken or pork in with bbq sauce for the most tender bbq, roast and vegis, soups- like Chelsa's vegi from last week, and this recipe is jewel.

Ranch House Pork Chops.

YUM. Tender. Easy. yum.

4-6 Pork Chops
1 pkt Ranch seasoning (like for dressings, etc)
1 can crm chicken soup

Mix Ranch & soup together. Pour over top of chops. Cook on High 5 hrs or Low 7 hrs. Set it and Forget it. HA I have always wanted to say that.

Enjoy!



Remember to link up to add or view recipes. Happy Fall!

8 comments:

Chelsa said...

ohh i'll def. have to try that! sounds yummy!

Tera said...

Wow, now that sounds easy. I'll be trying it! :)

Tera said...

One quick question...put the chops in frozen or thawed?

Lindsay Lynch said...

Sounds great!! I love a crock pot meal!! It is so easy! I am planning on trying this recipe soon!!

Brandi said...

sounds like a GREAT new baby/crazy house recipe!!! can't wait to try it!!! i've given my mom the recipe for jenn's sticky pumkin rolls!! didn't have enough energy for those right now but they make my mouth water just thinking about them!!!! baby day tomorrow!!!!

Brookeanne said...

I guess you're right. I guess I have always felt very strongly that it is best to teach them how to express themselves in more positive ways. I also try extremely hard to anticipate their needs before they would need to get to the point of being upset (i.e. feeding Claire before she starts whining that she's hungry, having water for Elayna at the bus stop because I know she will be thirsty, etc.). Parenting is definitely an exciting rollercoaster, I love it ;)

Jen said...

Sounds yummy! I haven't done a great jon of adding them on Friday!

Brookeanne said...

Just the one little one poking out, so we're at the very beginning of all of the teething process :). It's definitely nice to have the meds on hand. Also, I apologize if my writing sounds snotty. I'm really trying to compare how I have done things in the past and sort things out in my head, vs. what is right or wrong between me and other parenting styles. It was not my intention to offend or make it sound like I have a better idea of how to do things, lol. :)