Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy Sunday

This week has been a bit hairy. Too much time spent in the house with a busy toddler and sick baby. Ugh.

Thank goodness the snow that was forcasted blew over... I don't know if I could take another perpetual week locked in the house. I am loving the sun peeking through the clouds and the snow melting. Im very much looking forward to seeing the first signs of spring... green grass and flowers budding.

I didn't take any pics of the girls this week that you haven't seen already. Monday was Leah's 10 month mark. Remember here. She's too funny. A couple things I forgot to mention was her wagging her finger saying "no no no" (on command) and can point to Mama's nose and mouth- not yet distinguishing her own parts. But will on others?

Ayla is ready to burn energy outside. Most days she wakes up and says "what we doin today" with enthusiasm. This week energy was low and cold was high. I hated telling her everyday that we were staying in.

Saturday was our last in season competition. We did well. We have increased our score well each time on the floor. We brought home 3rd out of 4th. Doesn't sound great but there was only 4 points separating us from first place. Not bad. I drove the girls up by myself (3 hrs) and it was a hoot. We laughed til we cried and drank/ate junk. Goodness. Made a late night stop at Kohls and got home around 11pm. Phew. I am tired. But I this group of girls is very special to me.

Today has been busy and we're tired! Jeff and I are both wanting naps. But guess who doesnt? Yep, my almost 3 yr old is trying to phase out naps (Britt you were right). Lately, she really doesn't want to nap. I know she needs rest time... her mood depends on it most days. So I guess I will institute mandatory "rest"time for all our sanity.

Pics to follow. Maybe a video if you're lucky. Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

JessGraceIz said...

Sounds like you had a week like us. Izabelle is 'trying' to put the stop on naps too, especially when big sis is around. We end up putting a quiet movie in.

Chelsa said...

hope miss leah feels better soon! i'm soooo ready for signs of spring too! this staying inside the house all the time is for the birds! i want to sit out on the porch at least :)