Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Funny Valentine(s)

Today we had a little Valentine party for our playgroup at my house. It was a bit chaotic, but I think the kids loved it. We had 15 kiddos and prob close to 10 Moms. Lots of different personalities and ages.

We decorated cupcakes and cookies. YUM.

Ms. Lanie (you can see Leah in the back- hi Leah!)


Ms. Emily
Ms. Ayla

We attempted to get group shots. Eek.
(Yes. Leah did fall off the couch, right after getting kicked in the face by Koen.
Soon after Koen fell off. Boo.)


The three amigos getting into mischief. Blurry action photos- gotta love them.



This is what I have been craft-in up for my little valentines. I like traditions and want to do things the girls can remember us doing with them forever. I got this idea from Kate G. when she was cool- you know... pre stilletos and mini skirts but post tummy tuck and hands on Mommy. She really turns me off now. But there was a time when I thought she was cool.


Anyways, she had vday bags for treats for each child. I don't think she made them. But I have dreamed of the day Id make some. So here is my version. Each year I hope to fill them with treats, love notes, and special goodies. I hope the girls shriek when I get them out each year :)


6 comments:

Libby graber said...

Thanks for the party, it was so fun! Email me the cookie recipe, they were AWESOME, best sugar cookies I've ever had.

Carissa said...

I love the treat bags. I hope I have a little girl(s) to share things like that with. P will probably be out in the woods with B:)

Jen said...

The bags are super cute! I was totally in to making similar ones this year...but then I realized I have boys and they are never as excited about this stuff as I am, even though they act like they are for my sake....it's just not in the make-up I guess. So we got G.I. Joe and Spider-Man Valentines and that will do for now! The pic of all the babies was great!

Tera said...

Love the "group" shot. :) As soon as I saw the treat bags, I thought, "Didn't Kate do that?!" Ok, so I might just have to steal your idea because they are sooo adorable! I think my girlies would love them too. Maybe I'll wait until next year though...not sure if I have time to get them done by Sunday.

Brittany said...

Thanks for hosting!! I have to get some pics from you from Lanie's bday and from vday party. I never take my camera anywhere! (well anywhere my child is anways) :)

Sapphire Sweets by Emily said...

The party was fun for all! Thanks for hosting! You are always up to something special for your girls! BTW- I love your house! :)