Monday, March 22, 2010

Its Over.. or is it?

State Finals are over. Really, don't read it again. I am not talking hoops. My dancers qualified for State finals and competed for the last time this year last weekend. What a great way to end the year.



I had (have) a great group of girls. Each one is wildly different, but complement each other so well. We have a great time every time. We are now ranked 8th in state in our category. (Categories are chosen for team size, style, etc) We were the only southern school competing in state finals. I am so proud of my girls bc the teams we compete against are born and bred in studios. They are in classes or practice 5 or more times a week. Sometimes I wish we had more resources around or the girls took more advantage of what we do have.

Regardless I am a proud coach. One of my favorite parts of this weekend was having Jeff and the girls with me. I know Jeff is really proud of what I have done and being a constant for the girls on my team. My kids don't know it yet, but I coach partly for them.



I want my kids to see me be apart of others lives. Ayla loves to dance. Its kinda fun seeing her pick up on things I work on at home and the way she looks at the dancers at practice. She went out on the floor during awards and danced around. It was a long day, but the all my girls did really well!

7 comments:

Brookeanne said...

Very exciting! Congrats to you and the girls!

Kelly said...

Congrats to the team!
Also, I love the last picture!!!!

P.S. Your links don't show up, they are white in color and grey in a hover color. Just FYI.

Chelsa said...

congratulations!! :)

Sandy said...

How AWESOME! I agree, you have a great group of girls there...including your two little ones ;) Their outfits were adorable!

Brittany said...

Congrats on placing 8th in the State. Impressive!! Your girls t-shirts are so cute!!

Jessie said...

Yay for a great season!!

Sonya said...

Congratulations!! Your little girls are adorable as always:) Oh and that was some kind of a crab in our yard! EWW!