Monday, March 15, 2010

Leah Hope: 11 months

Eleven months... WOW.
Seriously, what have I done in eleven months? I can tell you what I haven't done.

I haven't slept enough or lost enough weight. I haven't had alot of alone time. More importantly, I haven't held my baby enough, because soon she'll be running away from me. I haven't sat taught her all the things I taught Ayla at this age....

I want to cherish every moment I have with my children. We all have seen, all too often, how quickly time passes. Honestly, it seems like the days that we do nothing and just hang around the house are the best. Not out of pajamas until noon, just enjoying time together.


Lately, we have been really busy with dance stuff, work, basketball games, planning anniversary our trip, planning birthday parties, etc. Looking forward to slowing down.

One thing that isn't slowing down is Miss Leah. At 11 months....
Leah Hope is....

Cruising. And practicing walking while holding on to things. She likes to scoot stools around and hold our hands while chasing Ayla.

Is getting chunky! Loves to eat. Has a great diet. Loves fruits & vegis & breads/crackers. She is eating 98% table foods. Down to 4 bottles of formula a day. Drinking from sippie cup like a champ. I think we'll be weaning bottles down really soon.

Giving high fives, blowing kisses & says mmm when giving real kisses, wiggles fingers and says "tic tic tic" to tickle you, new baby sign for "all done", fake laughs when others in the room are laughing, her smiles have turned into scrunched face silly smiles they makes me laugh every time. Her kisses are turning from open mouth kisses to real smooches!

Wearing size 3 diapers. Size 12 mo clothes mainly. Trying to boycott bows- though mom is still sticking them in! :) Her hair has been growing alot lately.
Favorite foods: cottage cheese, breads, green beans, grilled cheese & cheese quesadilla. (that's alot of dairy- ha)
Taking 2 naps during the day. Sleeps well through night. Not taking a bottle to go to bed anymore. Waking up in her own bed in the am, instead of coming to sleep in the am w/ Mommy. She's a rolly polly sleeper, so this works best for her. Even though I miss my cuddle bug (sometimes).
What a big girl you are becoming Leah. We are so proud of you.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

11 Months already? Guh! I can't wait to see what you have schemed up for this birthday party!! Happy 11 Months Leah!

Chelsa said...

she is such a cutie!!!

Carissa said...

Wow! She is doing so much. She is so smart and adorable! I hate that we haven't seen you gals as much as we had been. But, it sounds like you are just as busy as we are.

Brookeanne said...

The time is flying! I felt the same way with Kevin and can definitely relate. The pictures are gorgeous and I love Leah's eyes in your photos.

Re- your questions:
I would love to do photography professionally, but don't have the level of talent that Brittany does at the moment, nor the time. Maybe someday.
Fortunately the watermarking doesn't cost anything. I have been hearing from more and more bloggers about their picture being taken and entered into picture contest or people trying to pass off someone else's children as their own. While I doubt that would ever happen to me, I really sometimes worry that something could be going on without my knowledge. Thanks so much for your feedback! It's always appreciated :)!

Jessie said...

SO hard to believe that your youngest is already 11 months! Wow...I keep thinking how it is going to be hard to divide my time between 2 little ones! Btw, the little kitchennette is in the upstairs living room right when you walk in to the right. We're hoping it makes things easier when Kate gets here. I won't have to go downstairs every time we need anything along the lines of bottle/microwave/sink, etc. You'll def have to stop by to see! Nothing major..just refurbished cabinets :) P.S. Are you guys going to semi-state this weekend?

Tera said...

Happy 11 months, Leah! Love the bow! ;)

Brittany said...

Holy Cow! How in the world did those 11 months go so fast, although I can't picture your family without Leah now! That bow is really cute :)