Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Project Mode & Big Bed

My mind has been occupied lately with projects. Lately, I haven't even been able to put a finger to anything. But, lists have been made and plans laid out.

Now that dance is over (for a bit) things are flying off my list.

Like putting Ayla's room under construction. We are changing her room to a "big girl" room on a budget.

Some painting to be done (see painters tape), molding will be hung, and a little update in the bathroom We were able to move her toddler bed to a full size tonight. Ayla was jumping up and down she was so excited. One of those moments I wish I had on video. So take a good look at it now because hopefully it will be dramatically different sooooon.

(ps. she's pretending to sleep.. so funny)

What are the other projects on my to-do list you may ask?

Great, thanks for asking.

A couple small house projects. You may remember that little Miss is having a first birthday soon. And Mommy loves to plan parties. This big day happens to fall a few days after we get back from our anniversary trip. Yes, trip. Most of us Mama's know what going on a trip means. Even if your kids aren't going with you they have to be packed for wherever they are going and whatever they are doing! Our kids will be with both sets of grandparents during the stay of our (very short) trip. Meaning two clothing bags, two snack bags, two emergency lists, two of most things.... Despite all the twos- the one thing I am pysched about is THE BEACH! :) Don't mention to me that I'll be without my girls. Tears may start to fall... and its just too early for that. A few weeks after we get back and throw Leah a party is Ayla's party.

Hope everyone is enjoying spring and getting things off your to-do list, too.

6 comments:

Brookeanne said...

If I was closer to the grandparents I would like to think I would try to manage a trip with just the hubby... but I'm probably fulling myself!

Live it up for both of us lady!

Brittany said...

Her room already looks so different with a big bed in it!! It is going to be so cute!

Chelsa said...

ohh can't wait to see her big girl room! absolutly love the pic of her pretending to sleep! too cute!


you can plan parties for me all you want- it stresses me out!

Beth said...

it was nice to see all of you girls today! my sister said ayla handed her a half-eaten orange and asked if she could "please hold this for a little bit" so she wins the politeness award for the day.
your projects make me feel unproductive by comparison, but i am excited to see the new paint job! take care, beth (pete, theo) yoder

Jessie said...

Hmm...I think I like your projects better than ours (aka Dusty's)!:) He currently has the Jack & Jill/Kate's bathroom bare down to the studs in the walls, floor, and ceiling. I'd rather go for some simple painting, but you know him, nothing is ever simple! Anyways, can't wait to see Ayla's room finished!

Tera said...

You always seem to be in project mode! I don't think you like to sit still! ;) If you haven't already finished putting on the tape, I would highly recommend using Frog tape. It's much better about not bleeding under the tape. Love it! Ayla's room will be so cute when you get it finished! Enjoy your trip!