Monday, March 29, 2010

Whirwind Weekend

Can you believe its Monday again? How did that ever happen? Really... it freaks me out. I was so looking forward to the weekend and am having trouble remembering it all already.

Saturday morning I woke up to my husband in bed with me. This is rare because he has a meeting most Saturday mornings. It was nice to have them there and all the girls came in and curled up with us. Major moves were made in order to get Ayla's room done before we leave on our trip. The stripes are finished, bedding is washed and only one more coat on the top (hopefully) before we can start moving things into their positions. I doubt we will get things hung on the walls- but the painting will be done and bed in place. Her bathroom renovation is going to have to wait. Which is fine because we have adapted to not having it in service this week. And again I don't have to clean it. Did I tell you we have 4 bathrooms... a little much I know.

Anyways, so Saturday we get ready to leave for the game and I toss my cookies. What?! This can't be happening... so I think "ok, am I pregnant" or maybe its because I started a new pack of bc pills. Oh- no- should I take said pills. Ugh. We went to the game anyway. Not much can keep me from shopping :) As soon as we pull on to I-70 Ayla tells me she doesn't feel good. WHAT?! Jeff won't pull over, the responsible driver that he is. I grab an empty Mcd's sack and lean her forward. And well, you get what happened next. She was pittiful. Said thank you and told me she was tired and shut her eyes.

Awesome.

The rest of the day went fine. Ayla and I weren't feeling the greatest but shopped well, snacked a little, and had very few meltdowns between me or the girls. :) The game was awesome, minus my very tired girls crawling & bouncing on us. And we made it home in one piece.
Great Job Hatchets!!!!

Sunday we worked a little on Ayla's room. Packed a little. Hung out and visited family. It was a very good day. But, now Monday is back and I feel all my "to-do's" creeping up on me. Still not totally packed for all 4 of us. Anyone who knows me I typically pack a month in advance. No joking. So, its kinda bothering me. But, I do have house sitters, cat sitters, & baby sitters all lined up. All necessary documents out. Schedules printed because I am that kind of Mom. So I think I am on the right track. Plus, I have painted and/or cleaned during nap times twice today!

(Don't tell anyone but I am still in my pj pants...)

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I forgot to comment on the piggy tails pic. They look so cute!! So did you girls have food poisoning or what??

Sandy said...

so you never said...are you? :)

Jen said...

Poor girls. Booo for throwing up. Yay for the Hatchets. Yay for your trip and that you're "that kind of mom"! Miss you!

Chelsa said...

boo to the puking! yay to ay's room being almost finished! i thought having three bathrooms to clean was too many and you have four!

lunch sounds great when you get back!