Friday, March 26, 2010

What am I doing?

I have found myself everyday this week checking my to-do list over and over. Sometimes scratching something off, sometimes adding something else. I wonder what am I doing? It feels as if I am walking in circles.

I don't get time to blog and my brain is so mushy I don't know what Id blog about. Thankful Thursday... will happen. Just maybe having to take a couple weeks off.

This week (even with dance done) has been another busy one. I worked on the pep session. That was fun. We were able to have Meredith come play for a little bit. Courti made her hair pretty. Ayla has adjusted to her big girl bed, and is sleeping even longer in the am. It has to be more comfortable! I finished taping and primed over the green stripe and added the white stripes (with primer). The plan is this weekend to get the white painting done. That is the biggest part. My friend Jessie said her hub tore apart Kate (to-be)'s bathroom and wished he'd just paint! ha I thought that was funny because that same night Jeff took out Ayla's toilet to prep the floor for the tile that has sat in our garage for over a year. It never surprises me that Jeff and Dusty are doing similar things. They are funny. But, very handy husbands!! That I am thankful for! As for now, I am enjoying not having to clean that bathroom for this week. Hopefully, the paint will get done and we'll concentrate on the bathroom after.

All the while, I have done all the planning for Leah's 1st birthday party. Sad face. I seriously see her grow more and more everyday. She has picked up on many more signs, loves to play, pushing her naps around, and weaning off the bottle/formula. She had her first cup of soy milk this week. Ayla is nearing 3 and super excited about her princess party! As we've approached this mark she is acting out a little bit. That really isn't her. I have changed a little bit of how I handle her to see if she snaps back. She has always been very easy to displine. I thought she was cutting her nap out, so we went to "rest" time. That has worked bc she 'reads' books and after an hour if she's still awake she comes out. I just got her out and looked down and she's asleep on my arm. Aw. Guess Mama is right, she still needs to nap!!

Today has been particularly interesting. I have been trying to prepare Ayla that Mommy & Daddy will be going on a trip soon. She says she is excited about staying with her gparents. But is more concerned with when we are going to the basketball game! ha Too cute. As my trip draws near my heart pains for my babies- who undoubtedly will be fine and better than fine.

In 24 hours alone I have made no bake cookies, homemade banana bread muffins, and choc chip oatmeal snack bars. All of which are delish and probably not the best for my soon-to-be-on-the-beach body. Oh well, they don't know me there. I am guessing the cooking has been cathartic or maybe its just keeping my mind off of the endless packing left to do. I did start packing today snacks, the girls, and us are all underway.

I cried today as I rocked my littlest. As my tear fell, she reached up and touched it and smiled. It was the best part of my week....

2 comments:

Beth said...

aww, i bet that the trip is going to go off without a hitch. i have SO much anxiety before i go anywhere, and that was before baby, but it never ends up being warranted. i hope you can find a little peace of mind about it.
i am curious about the soymilk. pete and i only drink soymilk, no cow's milk for us. but we were planning to buy it for theo once he is weaned because we didn't think babes could have much soy. will you email me your wisdom? ehyoder@gmail.com (you don't have to do it now, just sometime in the next five months would be great).
thanks! have a great weekend!
beth yoder

Chelsa said...

hope you have a blast on your trip! i would be anxious to leave my boys too- BUT you are right they will be fine and have fun so you make sure and have fun too!