Thursday, April 22, 2010

Caught up in it...

Some days seem like a whirlwind. I lay my head down on the pillow at night and I wonder where it all went and squint to think what I even did after breakfast! Heck, I have weeks like this.

A whirlwind.

It started last night. We picked up our nephews to take them out to eat (this was supposed to be our date night- with a babysitter- oh well). We sat down and I noticed Ayla seemed "droopy". She asked me to switch seats to be next to her. Tears streamed down her face for most of the dinner. I texted her MD- he called and told me he wanted her to see an ENT asap. What? Guh.

Fast forward to this am.... Our awesome MD got us an apt and off we went. What we found out... Both Ayla's ears buldging, full of pus. ETC. Tuesday am Ayla will be getting tubes placed.

Breathe.

I broke down a bit (in the car). Thankfully, I have a smart friend that reminded me even when things seem like a whirlwind things could be much worse. Though things are crazy at times I have 2 amazingly, beautiful, healthy babies, a home, food, husband, friends and family.

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Guh, I got tears. Dog gone it, you just have that for her. She'll feel so much better in the long run but dog gone it, you don't want her to have to go through all that. Plus you don't want to have to go through it either! Hang in there mama!

Sapphire Sweets by Emily said...

Oh Courtney-I think at times all of us Mom's feel like we are in a whirlwind... hang in there. I will be praying for sweet Ayla and of course her mommy too! :)

Jamie said...

Courtney-I have to agree with Mandy. Being a mommy is the hardest job in the world. I believe all mommies feel like life can be a wirldwind at times. If it makes you feel any better there couldn't ba a safer procedure out there. Ayla reminds me of Emma...had ear infections all time that were pretty severe. I was worried about hearing damage, so I took it upon myself to see an ENT...best choice I ever made. That was almost 3 years ago and no ear infections since. I will be praying for you and Ayla! Take care.

Tera said...

Hope everything goes ok with Ayla.

Brookeanne said...

Sounds like you and the MD are making a good choice. I had chronic ear infections so regularly that it did lead to fairly severe hearing loss in both ears. (35% loss in one, 40% loss in another), getting tubes put in probably helped it from being worse than that. Fortunately it has been 25 years since my time with tubes and I'm sure they have come a long way with it all. I hope Ayla gets to feeling better and that she doesn't pass it around like we're apt to do in this house. Hang in there!

Leah Robinson said...

It seems like when it rains it pours..ugh! But hopefully she'll be pain free soon =)

Jen said...

Poor Ay! We are going through the same thing here. We have an appointment on Monday to see if we need to see the ENT. It is scary, but I'm very glad we have capable doctors out there that help us make the best decisions for our sweet kiddos. Prayers your way!

Jessie said...

Oh man...I'm sorry. I know it stinks, but like everyone said, things will be better after it's all over. I'm sure things will start looking up for you! I'll say a prayer for Ayla..

Chelsa said...

Poor Ay! And poor momma too! Hope she feels better ASAP though!

Brandi said...

I hear ya on the whirlwind part!!! I hope the tubes solve the problem for you... poor girlie!!