Friday, April 30, 2010

TGIF

I am so thankful it is Friday. I am not really sure how we made it here, but we're all in one piece. Both the girls are "napping" (sure Ay is rolling around in bed with her books/animals). Mommy likes to pretend she is napping so I can breathe for a few minutes. I don't think that makes me a bad mom, right?

Believe me. If I don't get to breathe a few days in a row I start to be a grumpy mom. And we can't have that. So they are "napping" and I am typing.

Update after surgery. We are on day 4 and I thought we'd forget she even had it. Other moms told me it was a breeze and la-la-la. She cries unconsolably for 20 mins after her ear drops... 3x a day. Lovely. Yes, I have talked to someone about it. I don't know. I doubt I will feel grand until someone looks in her darn ears and tells me everything is ok. But, we'll see...

We've had some fun play dates this week. Its hard having a walker on my hands now. Leah is adventurous. Its cute and tiring. Though she is very smart at manuvering stairs and the like. I still hold my breath. Ay's been glad to see so much of her buddy Mere. And we even got our family pics/Ay 3yr/Leah 1yr pics taken. It was comical to say the least. My kids had major ants-in-the-pants syndrome to say the least. Plus my skirt was too tight and there were bugs crawling on our faces. ugh. But, it is what it is. And I think we'll get some cute moments from it. Brittany has her work cut out for her.

Its been great to have the rain gone for a few days. I am dreading it coming back this weekend. I love our weekends. Its the only family time, landscape time, etc that we get with all 4 of us. I was really looking forward into digging in my landscape and trying to figure out what to make of the mess the previous owners made. They seriously dug random holes and threw things in. Looks like plants vomited in some parts. Plus, we're trying to be thrifty and do everything ourselves so that means a little at a time. Boo.

I am sure this weekend will be another busy one. Hopefully a little sunshine for us all....

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I am so sorry that Ayla is not doing so well post-surgery. Emma did not like the ear drops either. I am like you..I don't think I would feel at peace until the doc looked in her ears and told me they were ok! Hang in there! I have learned alot about "mommy hood" since Jax. It is HARD, HARD, work!

Amy said...

Courtney we didn't use the drops either time that Addy had her tubes put in. The very first time that we used them she screamed for like 3 hours literally. So I called my pediatrician and he said to not use them again and we never did. So maybe try not using them and see how it goes.

Tera said...

Not sure what kind of drops you have, but if they have a steroid in them, they probably burn a little. It may be too that she just doesn't like it...too cold maybe? Hope she gets some relief soon. Can I say I'm a little jealous that you even have landscaping to work in?! We are surrounded by dirt...some flat and some in piles...but it's still just a bunch of dirt! ;) And we're like you...we'll do it with cash and with our own hands so it will be several years before I have good-looking landscaping. :(

Chelsa said...

poor ay :( hope it gets better quick!

we have done the landscaping at both of our houses ourselves- it's def. time consuming, but we love it! it's fun to pull in and look at it when everything is bloomed out and think "ohh we did that!" lol ok i'm a nerd!