Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hola Anniversary....

In our first year of marriage we talked of our lofty dreams of traveling the world. All over the world. The only fears come from being stuck on an airplane for 20 hours! Ick. Regardless, children do change things. Mostly for the better if you ask me. But, traveling is not a priority as once thought.
We did say no matter where we are or what stage of life we are in for our 5 yr anniversary we will take a trip. So we did.

Cozumel, Mexico

It was absolutely breathtaking. Relaxing. Unlimited Food. Plenty of Sun. No adgenda.

I took some pics. I didn't really carry my camera on me all the time. Just wanted to detach. If you know what I mean? This was taken on our anniversary night before dinner. Aren't we cute. Don't get baby ideas either. A nice honeymooning couple took this picture for us on the dock at sunset. I pushed his hand off my belly at least once. But, he kept putting it back. I didn't want to say anything to him, because I didn't want to scare the honeymooners!
This is my husband professing his love for me in the sand. A heart with an arrow pointing to me as I shoot the picture. Oh yes. He's a keeper. Though I probably told him to profess his love... Tomatoes, Tomatos.
I do have more pictures to share. But, thought Id give you a taste. Since I know most of you just look at the pictures and not read this. Once we get our snorkelling pics back I'll post more and a few stories... hopefully that's ok with you.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Jessie said...

You guys are too cute! I love the pic with his hand on your belly. I think after having two kids, it probably just feels natural for them!:) I also love your dress. Can't wait to see more pics. Oh and we saw you guys leaving Mi Pueblo last night...not sure how we missed you bc we were there forever. I would have sent you a txt but my phone is fried after a sippy cup incident..waiting on a new one :)
Anyways, we should def get together and swap vaca stories. I'm sure yours are much more...positive :)

Brittany said...

The colors of the landscape are so pretty!!

Sandy said...

lol just wanted you to know I read the entire thing :) Pictures were beautiful by the way. I had to laugh about the hand on the belly comment lol...yeah no need to freak out the honeymooners! It looked like it was absolutely beautiful there and you had a great time! I'm so jealous!!

Carissa said...

Sorry, but it his hand on your belly was the first thing I noticed! I thought,"Why is his hand there?" And BTW, I do read your blog. I try to let you know by posting comments, haha!

Jen said...

Beautiful pics...you two look great and looks like you had lots of fun!

Chelsa said...

you look great! your dress was adorable!

Ellie said...

hey courtney!
2 questions...where did you guys stay? and how did you find out about it? joe and i are thinking of honeymoon destinations, but i have no clue where to start looking!

Brookeanne said...

Great pics! So glad you guys had an awesome trip! Can't wait to see more. I thought your belly comment was hilarious, as the first thing I think of when a man has his hand proudly on his wife's stomach is that perhaps something is up. Shaun did this in our wedding pictures... the following Friday... I found out I was pregnant ;). Hmmmm...

Erica said...

Love the pics! You look absolutely gorgeous.

Tera said...

Great pictures! ;) You both look so happy! Alex and I are really big on vacationing for our anniversary too...I think it's important to stay connected as a couple and get that alone time. And we definitely have the travel-bug like you guys! We need to get together and compare places worth seeing and not seeing. ;) We haven't planned anything for our anniverary this year since we just finished the house...a little bummed, but I'm loving the new house. ;)