Thursday, April 8, 2010

The good, the bad, & the ugly

I thought coming back from our trip would be a breeze. Loving on the girls and refreshed ready to get things accomplished. Hm.

Good: Leah has taken independent steps every day since we've gotten home. It is so exciting. I haven't yet caught it on tape/film because Im encouraging and jumping up and down. Proud Mama, that's me!


Good: I thought Id share my awesome find in Mexico. I got the girls these beautiful, handmade dresses. Precious linen dresses... for $16!! Seriously. These would be at least $50 in the states. Though this find is offset by my "stupid american" moment when I charged sunscreen to our room for $27. Nice. I didn't know the conversion rate.. ugh.




Bad: I haven't exercised for 2 weeks. I was making headway. My pants were loose, my belly shrinking. My energy up. Then stress hit and I stopped. Its totally my fault. But, I am having serious issues getting started again. My belly is expanding and pants back to just 'fitting'.


Ugly: Ayla got sick. Real sick. We got into the MD Tuesday for her ears. She has a bad double ear infection. On the way to drop of scripts she throws up. I get her out and clean her off (take off her dress hug her, etc). She throws up again. I repeat steps. Get back in car- unfortunately we still have to get meds so off we go. I pull in to get her a sprite, as we waste time, and she throws up again. The rest of the day is full of potty trips, no food, little fluids, and lots of tlc.

One more good thing is I am almost done with Ayla's room. Here is a sneak peak. Still need stuff on walls, chair rail, more pillows, etc. I am also on the hunt for a book shelf option.

Right now I moved her old bookcase into her closet. We are fortunate to have deep closets in all the rooms. She thinks its kinda neat in there. She laid in her closet and pulled the curtains earlier. I was cute bc Leah thought she was playing peek-a-boo.

UPDATE: Ayla is better. Leah got a bit of it yesterday and is since better also. Thanks for your concerns. And I am way sad that AI didn't kick off Big Mike last night. Sad. That's it.

3 comments:

Chelsa said...

poor ay :( hope she feels better!

cute dresses you found in mexico!

Tera said...

Cute dresses you found! I know the feeling of the stupid American moment...I paid $9 for a package of oreos one day. ;) You better believe I savored every single one! ha. A's room is looking good...such a pretty yellow. Glad to hear Ayla is feeling a little better and hope it misses the rest of you.

Jen said...

Love the pink/yellow combo. If I were to have a girl someday, that would be my choice, too!

Love the dresses you found!

Gotta get together sometime soon, again!