Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Prayers for Stellan



For a long time now I had been following a certain blog. I loved to hear the story of such strong faith-filled parents who gave their child to God believing whatever His will be done, regardless of every doctor telling them their little boy would surely die before coming into this world. Millions of people across the world started praying for Stellan.

I do not know this woman, but feel like I have grown to know and respect her for courage and faith. She even joined with all of us praying for Andon when invited. Her little boy Stellan was born, at term, completely healthy without any heart issues he was having in utero. It was a miracle. Even though, I think the courage it took to give so selfishly up to God by his parents was equally a miracle.

Over the past couple days Stellan grew very ill, very unexpectedly. The heart issue that all was certain he was healed is back.

I added a link on Stellan's behalf. If you haven't read his story please do, its amazing (located left side of their page). And if you feel convicted... pray.

It just reminds me to slow down a bit. With all the "pain" I have been having through this pregnancy it wouldn't compare to the pain this family has seen over and over. Yet they are face forward, unwavering and steadfast. I have had a peace over me the past couple days- whenever its His time Leah will come. If that means she will be born prematurely, we will understand and move forward. We are so excited to invite her into our family. Whenever that day comes....

5 comments:

Amber said...

I found your blog thru another, and realized I knew you. Well..kind of. You have kept my son Matthew in the nursery at church. Anyway I have too been following Mckmamma's blog and love hearing about her MSC. It is breaking my heart to read the updates about Stellan. I too am praying for this little boy!

Brittany said...

I just read a bit on Stellan's blog and it is so sad.What a roller coaster his mama is going through. Will be praying.

Amy said...

I check this blog everyday and it is absolutly amazing. I hope that I have the faith that these amazing people have.

Chelsa said...

i love mcmama- and prayed for stellan all last summer! i didn't know that she prayed for us about andon?! wow, how amazing.

praying for stellan, and for you and precious leah!

Sandy said...

Honestly, I keep checking back on your blog to see if you've had your little one already or not! I hope you don't mind if I follow your blog because your blogs are always so fun and your daughter is so stinkin' adorable!