Saturday, March 21, 2009

The verse of the day:
"
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud...It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."
1 Corinthians 13:4 (NIV)


Today's verse of the day is so common, familiar, yet every time I read it it means something different to me. I had a rough day yesterday. I labored with hard contractions every 5 mins for 3.5 hrs. Dr F instructed me if my contractions kept up for 2 hrs to go in to the hospital. As I have told you before nurses are stubborn. I just didn't have that this is it kind of feeling. I took a shower then called L&D who instructed me to lay down for a while longer. As the 4th hour approached the contraction spread out to 10 min, 20 min, and finally I was able to sleep. We all slept great last night, PTL!


I have been so impatient during this process. I think, selfishly. Reading this verse gave the burst of inspiration that I needed. Because I love this child, and God has called me to be her Mommy. I must be patient & protect her, because I love her. I must keep my trust in God because He loves me.


And love never fails.

No comments: