Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sugar Cookie Cut-outs!

So my plan was to make the sugar cookie dough and bake it before I froze it. Id love to be able to give them away to visitors & nurses who take care of me and my Leah at the hospital. But, unfortunately, I only made it so far....

I made the dough- and it sure is tasty. Its a never fail kind of recipe and I decided to post it for 3 good reasons. Because my dear friend Chelsa requested it, because its easy, and because its just that good! Really. My husband's fave. These are soft, chewy sugar cookies; but will hold up w/ icing beautifully! Warning: This is a cut out recipe though, I haven't tried it as a drop. Plus, why pass up a chance to use dinosaur & heart cookie cutters.

I went ahead and whipped up a batch of choc chip cookie dough too. But, honestly, I think I just use the recipe on the back of the Nestle bag? So, go read your own label...
Courtney's Sugar Cookie Cut-outs

3/4 c butter
1 c sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanila
1t salt
1 t baking powder
2 1/2 c flour

Preheat over to 400. Beat butter, sugar, eggs & vanilla. Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl, then add to mixture. Cover, chill in fridge for a hr or 2. Roll out on lightly floured surface 1/8'' thick (or thicker if you are living dangerously)- cut into fun shapes. Bake 6-8 mins, pull out before brown.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I might have to try this sometime. Right now I am baking for the first time a peach/apple/blueberry cobbler!! Hope it turns out!!

Chelsa said...

thank you sooo much dear! we might just have to make some tonight! B lovessss to make cut out cookies! When we do I'll post some pics for ya :)