Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Nesting in Full Effect!



The nesting started to go into full effect a few weeks ago! The playroom is looking better and better every week with new blinds hung and a few personal details. We moved Leah's (was Ayla's) rocker and Jeff hung new blinds (Good man I have there!) For some reason yesterday I felt like we should move the furniture in her room to see if we can find a better arrangement to allow more room. Its a sweet lil nook of a room, perfect for a nursery unless you have tons of stuff like us! ha





I will try to post a picture of the changes soon. Then you guys can tell me which way you like it better! I will wait til we get a few more details done.. we're on the home stretch!


Recently, I set out on a food mission. I went to the store and loaded up my cart, almost doubling my usual bill, while Ayla played with her Mimi & Uncle Nick. Once Ay was down for her daily nap I went to work. I prepared and froze 3 pans of baked spaghetti and 2 pans of lazana! YUM-O. My house smelt So Very Good. I love cooking for my fam and hate the thought of being so crazy trying to get a schedule going with my two girls that I wouldn't be able to do that. So at least one night a week I can pull out a meal from the freezer for a month! How awesome is that?! My next food mission is making sugar cookies & Ayla's PNB balls. They are the best/healthiest snack that I found that freezes well. When you are ready for snack time pop a couple of them out of the freezer, let thaw for a few minutes and eat away. Ayla loves them and she thinks she is getting a treat! They contain mainly whole grain cereals, honey, PNB, etc. So good. I tried this recipe out a couple months ago and we've been eating on them since. I plan on posting this recipe once I get them done (hopefully sometime this week). They are yummy! Just ask Brittany & Mere! Oh- and my sugar cookies rock! I hope to have them done to give to my nice nurses at the hospital.


If anyone wants my recipes Id love to pass them on... Id love to hear if anyone of you experienced mommies froze meals before baby arrived and if so what?!

7 comments:

Jenelle said...

Go Courtney Go! You are so on top of it. My nesting was just cleaning or painting, but never did I prepare a month worth of meals! You go girl!! 2 kids is going to be a breeze for you!!!!!!

Jessie said...

I know from experience that your baked spagetti is delish!!:) I was so impressed with it that I stole your recipe and make it ALL the time now. Happy nesting:)Don't overdo it!!

Jen said...

You rock! I did make some meals before Bryce was born. I don't even have the recipes, but you can google "freezer meals" and find lots of choices. I made some soups, a few chicken casserole type dishes, and a hashbrown casserole. YUM. I want to come visit you sometime, are you still working?

Chelsa said...

i want your sugar cookie recipe! i can never find one i'm completely happy with!

i froze spaghetti pie (pretty much like baked spaghetti), cheesy pasta, and taco soup.

Brookeanne said...

I am so impressed! I don't think I had anything prepped and ready, although, I doubt I would have been prepared either way with Kevin. Good plan getting ready early! I need to start looking at emulating you here in a couple weeks! Hope you're taking it easy with all this cooking ;)!

P.S. Thanks for the compliment on the shirt, it's actually a regular baby-doll top with a maternity camesalle (sp?) underneath!

Anonymous said...

I tried the freezer thing with when I was pregnant with both boys.. My fav. is chicken lasagna.. something a little different and very easy to make...I also freeze ch. chip cookie dough.. this has been a big hit for many... i can email you them if you want them?

Tara said...

I have a sweet tooth so I always froze choc chip cookie dough, but no meals. I would make the cookie dough, form them into indiv. balls, then freeze in a baggie. I must admit, however, that not many of them made it to the oven...they are just too good frozen and such a quick/easy snack!