Friday, March 27, 2009

Preparing for our New Arrival!

Today was our 36 wk apt. Thank the Lord we made it to 36 weeks!!! :) For some reason, its a magic number that makes me feel better about my baby's development, etc. Anyways, the apt went well Dr. F and I joked about actually making it to the apt! He is such a nice guy....

We are continuing on making advancements towards bringing out little girl home! I was 3cm & 80% effaced since then other things have happend, but I will leave the details to myself.

After some playtime with our nephew, a great lunch with Daddy, and a nap. Ayla and I worked on a banner for sissy. I had planned on letting Ayla help me with making her a "welcome home" sign, but just now felt good enough to get around to it. Ayla did a great job adding stickers and some scribbles finishing touches.

As the weekend approaches, we hope to get some projects done around the house and spend time with each other. Both sets of our parents are heading out of town (awesome timing, guys). Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

10 comments:

Sonya said...

OHH!!! I'm glad you made it this far. I can't wait to see your little one. Cute banner!

Jessie said...

I was just talking to Arlene today and she told me that they were leaving for Cancun this weekend...I was thinking the same thing you were! Hope Leah doesn't decide to come really early and surprise the travelers! Have a good weekend..see you Sat..maybe:)

Shane, Amy, Murphy, & Wrigley said...

You ladies did a lovely job on the banner! I'm sure she's excited to be a big sister! I finally figured out how to follow you on here so I can keep up a little better yay!

Andrea said...

Ayla Did a good job on the banner :o) She's going to be a great big sister! 3cm YAY!! If you want an epidural by the time you get to the hospital you can get one LOL! Hope you and your cute little family has a good weekend!

Brookeanne said...

Lol, that is terrible timing! It's so hard to make plans for a delivery when there is such a wide breadth of space when it can happen! I am beyond elated that you guys have reached the 36 weeks benchmark! I am definitely keeping my eyes glued for a birth announcement blog in the not too far off future :)! Beautiful banner... good job Ayla!

Brittany said...

You are the craftiest person I know- don't know where you get the time!! Cute banner!

The Merold's said...

What a lucky girl Leah is to be loved so much!! I can't wait til she gets here.

Jen said...

Maybe a baby this weekend?! Hooray!

Brookeanne said...

Lol, actually, those were all taken from a laying down position on the porch swing. Not breaking the rules... yet :)!

Chelsa said...

so glad you have made it this far! my mom said you looked kinda miserable at church today :(. i can't wait to meet your sweet little leah! love the banner, so cute! ay looks SO big in those pictures!!!