Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Girl, The Letter, & The Fairies....



Once upon a time there was a girl who loved her paci so. This little girl's bedtime relied highly on said paci. They were the best of friends.
A letter arrived for the little girl from the "Fairies" (ya know- tooth fairy, etc). Anyways, the Fairies wrote to the little girl informing her that she was getting too "big" for her paci's and they may break soon.

This was disturbing to the little girl. As I said before, the little girl Loved her paci.
The letter went on to tell her how proud they were of her for being smart and growing so big. And once the paci's were gone she would recieve a present.

The next day the paci's were "broke". The "Fairies" cut them... bad Fairies. The little girl was upset, but tolerable. Naps were no had for 2 days. But she did sleep through the night with little guff.

Alas, this little girl truely WAS getting Big.

One week later, the little girl hasn't asked for her paci at bedtime for 2 days. I think soon she will throw them out for her big girl present.
*Sigh.

5 comments:

Sapphire Sweets by Emily said...

I love the way you tell stories! :) I might need to borrow those same fairies for our house!

Chelsa said...

great idea!! she is so stinkin' cute!


in re: your question about seeing C-- we'll be in the hosp. for apprx. 72 hours and then home :)

Jessie said...

I'm sorry you guys have to struggle with this, but it does make me extra thankful that Koen already gave his up willingly. That's a battle I can avoid in the future! Good luck!!

Brookeanne said...

Lol, I remember the Paci Fairy taking the pacifiers that we left out the night we told Elayna she would come to take them. I do I think Elayna would have been disturbed as well if they had shown up broken by the fairy :). The pictures are TOO, TOO, TOO cute and the story is beyond adorable. Sounds like you make it a win-win situation!

Tera said...

Awww! How sweet! Love the pictures to go along with the story. :) I was lucky, both of my girls gave up the paci easily when I took it away at 21 mo...no questions asked.