Friday, January 29, 2010

Home.

I am home. Exhausted. Thankful. Mindful of my blessings, health, family, etc.

Today was an interesting one. I had many intentions of updating you all from the waiting room, but it seemed we were pulled in alot of directions. Which was nice because we didn't have a lot of time to sit and think.

Early (early, meaning roosters aren't awake) we went into his room. My grandpa sitting up, pale in color, a bit anxious was so happy to see us walk in with little Leah. We surrounded the room with many family members and covered him in prayer. I could tell he was so proud of his family. The last things I remember him saying was "support your mother" (meaning my gma) and "I am not worried. My Lord is with me."

The rest of the day is a blur... breakfast, naps, lunch, waiting, waiting, waiting. And a few stressful texts from Brittany about Miss Ayla and her Awful day!! (that's a whole other story) The hospital was very good at letting us know updates on the progress. It is a very extensive and lengthy surgery. He ended up getting a quadrouple bypass with a new aortic valve (cow's -I think). We were able to see him- but not talk to him or touch him. He was still under sedation and on the vent. Color good, some swelling, and signs of waking.

We are home now. Too tired to go to the game. Ate dinner, snuggled the girls and watched a movie. Tomorrow is another day I am thankfull for my Grandpa, my life, my family, Brittany, my dance team, and for all of you wonderful women praying for a man you never met... Thank you.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

I told my dad about him yesterday and he had no idea. He said "I just had breakfast with him at the Steamer the other day!" Life is crazy, count your blessings. I will be sure to update him. I was thinking about you guys today and had prayed a few times during the day hoping all was well. It sounds like God is continuing to show us just how good He is!

Jessie said...

First of all, I'm glad everything went so well with your gramps. God is good! Also, I heard that Ayla's day with the Bean fam was pretty interesting :) Sounds like she was just having a rough day. At least Brittany was the one to volunteer to help out...ifanyone can handle it, she can!!:)

Jen said...

Glad to hear things went smoothly. Poor Ay! I'm sure she just missed you guys!

Chelsa said...

glad everything went well (minus the ay drama). :)

Brookeanne said...

No snow?! Geez! So glad to hear that things are going well with your grandfather thus far. You have both been in my thoughts and prayers. Take care!

Brittany said...

Glad you are home and safe and Grandpa is good. Glad Ayla is happy now with her momma to love on.

Tera said...

Glad to hear your grandpa is doing ok.