Sunday, January 31, 2010

Quite the Weekend..

Well, this turned out to be quite the weekend. Really much better than I thought. Especially after Friday drained us. Saturday, I had another competition. Thankfully, this one was smaller and close to home which everyone loved. We had a good crowd supporting us and it showed.

Our team took home first place and so did our solo-ist Brenna. Im sure gonna miss my Brenna. She is a senior this year and a leader on our team. We were so jazzed up. Definitely a high I needed. The girls too. We are celebrating over pizza tomorrow. YUM.

I was a very proud Dance Mama (Coach-whatever).

I wish this wasn't so blurry. I really needed to switch my settings, but in real life you just can't have time to switch your settings. Well, at least not in my life. Miss Brenna and her excited parents.

I love these girls... way too much. How could you not?

This was the only pic I got of Ayla watching the dancers. She Loved coming to the competition... so many tutus and sparkles, loud music, dancing, and food. All her favorite things. I wish I had taken time to take a couple pics because both my girls were in attendance and that doesn't get to happen much. I was so happy!

Today after church we dropped the girls off with Jeff's family and we ran up to see my Grandpa. He physically looked good, but maybe emotionally spent. Us Cosby's tend to be emotional. Plus, who likes asking for help? Really, especially when you're 79! He's a change of pace and I don't know if he is doubting himself, but I know he can do it. He was asking for me before I got there so I am very glad I made it. I love my Papaw :) We left so he could rest and reflect. I had to kick my grandma out, too. hehe It was nice to be out with my hubby for a bit too. We ran over to eat at a cool new place called "Stir Crazy". You pick your own stuff to be stir fried up in front of you... pick your meat, veg, sauce, spices.... its crazy good.

Like I said, I have had quite the weekend. A bit rollercoaster-y. But, Im ok with that. Im ready to start the week fresh and hopefully at a better pace.

Im going to keep thinking happy thoughts....

4 comments:

Brookeanne said...

So thrilled that things are looking up on your end! I loved the pictures and the one of you at the end is priceless. Your so right about the "in the moment shots", since getting my Canon I've been amazed at how many pictures I don't keep, now that they're not up to some weird picture standard I seem to be setting for myself. I love that you posted that one. It's a special moment... bluriness and all! Keep us updated on your grandfather! Thanks for your kind words re: my last post :)! I think it was mainly one to jab at my mom... she delights in hearing about how I'm turning more and more into her, lol.

Jessie said...

Looks like you and the girls had a great time Sat. Those girls are so much fun. We'd love to get together for dinner sometime. I think Wed. is the only night we definitely couldn't....other than that I think we're open. Pray no one gets sick!:)

Chelsa said...

way to go coach on the dance comp :) glad you got to go see your papaw too!

Brittany said...

Congrats on the trophies- you looked like you were really enjoying them :) haha! I wish I would have known your competition was close by, because I would have tried to go.